Yay America!!

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
I KNEW YOU COULD'NT RESIST.....I can stand 50 metres away I could shoot you but if I had a knife I would have to get up close and personal....I know which one "I" would prefer...I have a better chance if you get close to me, and you would think twice before doing so...Therefore what starts as a threat would probably fizz out and everyone gets to live another day....See how the THREAT is GREATLY REDUCED and the OUTCOME quite different

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
I KNEW YOU COULD'NT RESIST.....I can stand 50 metres away I could shoot you but if I had a knife I would have to get up close and personal....I know which one "I" would prefer...I have a better chance if you get close to me, and you would think twice before doing so...Therefore what starts as a threat would probably fizz out and everyone gets to live another day....See how the THREAT is GREATLY REDUCED and the OUTCOME quite different

50 meters is pretty much out of the range of most handheld pistols. thats more like a rifle. besides who the hell tries to rob someome from 150 feet away? if i stick a knife to your throat your chances are worse than if i put a gun to your back. the only thing i have to say to you sir is, nice mt-01. i wish we could get THOSE here.

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
50 meters is pretty much out of the range of most handheld pistols. thats more like a rifle. besides who the hell tries to rob someome from 150 feet away? if i stick a knife to your throat your chances are worse than if i put a gun to your back. the only thing i have to say to you sir is, nice mt-01. i wish we could get THOSE here.

Anyone who has ever come at me with a knife has been VERY sorry they did....I still prefer my chances either way...The point is can I shoot you from say 5 metres and you don't have a chance....If you come close enough to cut me I "CAN" defend myself....

Last edited:

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone who has ever come at me with a knife has been VERY sorry they did....I still prefer my chances either way...The point is can I shoot you from say 5 metres and you don't have a chance....If you come close enough to cut me I "CAN" defend myself....

again, if criminals only carried knives then i see your point.now what if you have 2 or 3 or more guys coming at you with a knife? wouldnt a gun be handy in that situation? maybe you have some sort of self defense background or you have nuts the size of melons but not everyone is built the same way. most times people are at a disadvantage so what would those people do if they were threatened? play possum? cummon get real. i only carry a .32 anyway. probobly the equivalent of getting stabbed. now in my mind if a human being tries to take something from another human being they are not welcome in my society and deserve everything they have coming to them and if more people stood up for themselves then it would send a message to others trying to do the same thing.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys im with silver you guys just dont get it, it would be damn hard to do what we are saying, but it does make sense. I dont know if it could ever happen there due to how many guns are out there. What we are saying is we dont feel the need to carry a gun(well not most of us) when we go out, but there you feel lost without it, dont you see that is wrong the worst possible way, in all honesty wouldnt you prefer not to have to worry.

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
I appreciate your point, but someting has to happen for change to occur...people should not have to live in FEAR and the sooner someone does something about taking FALSE POWER away from those keen to abuse it the better...It has to start with an ATTITUDE and willingness to WANT change and the SPIRIT of COMMUNITY is the key to moving towards a common goal.....I hope that there is a MOMENT in time where people say ENOUGH is ENOUGH.....These debates as DIVISIVE as they are need to occur to get the wheels in motion.....

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys im with silver you guys just dont get it, it would be damn hard to do what we are saying, but it does make sense. I dont know if it could ever happen there due to how many guns are out there. What we are saying is we dont feel the need to carry a gun(well not most of us) when we go out, but there you feel lost without it, dont you see that is wrong the worst possible way, in all honesty wouldnt you prefer not to have to worry.

YOU made your point quite clear. yes i whole heartedly agree i would prefer NOBODY use a gun or any weapon on another human being. theres also alot more things out there that harm people that i would also like to get rid of but they stay as well. i have a 5 year old son and i want him to feel safe and be safe and never have to worry if someone is going to try and harm him. but its an imperfect world and you must learn to adapt. ilive in a part of town that used to be not so bad but in recent years its gotten much worse. at my job i work outside, alone at night in a high crime area with NO other means of protection besides police who cannot be by my side at all times. i would much rather carry a tazer but they cost WWAAAYYY too much. maybe if the price was reduced i would sell my handgun and get one of those. for the most part they are non-lethal. what if ALL americans or even all of the world could have one of those. our constitution says the reason for a right to bear arms is so the people will always have the power to form militias and overthrow a government in turmoil. that is where it all started. i agree times have changed and new rules need to be put in place. but youll never keep bad people from doing bad things to good people, with or without guns.

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
or i could put it this way: shot to death...hopefully quik if a vital area.......stabbed to death.....loong excruciatingly painful death...beat to death...even more tortuous. ill go with shot to death anyday

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
or i could put it this way: shot to death...hopefully quik if a vital area.......stabbed to death.....loong excruciatingly painful death...beat to death...even more tortuous. ill go with shot to death anyday

I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THOSE CHOICES.....Give me heart attack while getting JIGGY thanks:thumbup:

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THOSE CHOICES.....Give me heart attack while getting JIGGY thanks:thumbup:

i agree but i was saying how i would prefer to be MURDERED. i dont want to be murdered but if i was id have to go thrown out of a plane or thrown in front of a train but thats not what we are debating now is it?

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i know were you are coming from as i said you guys are in a bad place with guns and change would be hard a huge. Watching our news tonight, a father threw his 4 year old off a bridge here yesterday, not a gun, the childs own father. People will never be 100% safe, but the more ammo out there(weapons) and the easier it is to obtain, then the more ways of people to be able to hurt or intimidate others. Im not anti guns i love guns i love firing them, what our point is dont carry them, reduce numbers, but mainly be able to feel safe to wal;k your streets not in fear. This is not condesending, but i feel sorry for you guys who feel this need for fear of someone carrying, who might hurt you or more importantly your family. Even here the law states that you can not use excessive force to protect yourself. if someone uses a knife you can only use a knife, if you use a gun against a knife you are in trouble.

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
i agree but i was saying how i would prefer to be MURDERED. i dont want to be murdered but if i was id have to go thrown out of a plane or thrown in front of a train but thats not what we are debating now is it?

The REALITY is that here in AUSTRALIA, the way of checking out I requested is a much more REALISTIC possibility than being murdered anyway.....I think that says it ALL REALLY

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
Jules is ON THE MONEY, No-one carries, No-one gets shot...Its NOT ROCKET SCIENCE....
And yes that MORON dropping his child off the bridge should have done everyone a FAVOUR and thrown HIMSELF OFF....

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
austrailia sounds like heaven to me. if i could afford the move i would be there with ya. ive always wanted to travel there. im sure nobody from australia wants to come here on purpose. our society is crumbling. our government is self-serving, and alot of our jobs went overseas. not exactly what our forefathers wanted. i wouldnt doubt a civil war before 2050. and guess who will have a gun? itll be me and gun haters like you will be beggin for me to save you :Flip:

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i know were you are coming from as i said you guys are in a bad place with guns and change would be hard a huge. Watching our news tonight, a father threw his 4 year old off a bridge here yesterday, not a gun, the childs own father. People will never be 100% safe, but the more ammo out there(weapons) and the easier it is to obtain, then the more ways of people to be able to hurt or intimidate others. Im not anti guns i love guns i love firing them, what our point is dont carry them, reduce numbers, but mainly be able to feel safe to wal;k your streets not in fear. This is not condesending, but i feel sorry for you guys who feel this need for fear of someone carrying, who might hurt you or more importantly your family. Even here the law states that you can not use excessive force to protect yourself. if someone uses a knife you can only use a knife, if you use a gun against a knife you are in trouble.

i carry a knife too lol

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
lol i saw that movie when i was just a children and that was my favoritepart. that and when he takes that antenna off the limo and throws it like a boomerang
or how about road warriors where the kid throws his razor boomerang and that dude gets his digits removed