Yamaha's next street-fighter

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
So if I get this bike, hot chix will want to play pool with me?

:rockon:

Lol, strange opening video a lot of random shots, would like to see more action shots of the bike. The actual site is really neat. Overall I think the new Vmax looks pretty awesome, but I'd for sure have to change out those pipes. They kinda look like the pipe on the zx-10r.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1700cc's

holy ****

if thats a streetfighter I think we should call it Zangief.

zangief.jpg

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I don`t really see the fighter in this... I see more of a cruiser :)

I prefer their future U-Max... much more fighter-like.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with David. This is a V-ROD killer thus a cruiser. Nothing about this machine says "Sport" or "Supersport" at all. But for a cruiser? WOW!!! This machine will give any other bike out there one heck of a run!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Vmax has been around for quite some time now...

Yes, but never with this many CCs under it! :D

Does anyone remember the original VMAX commercials? The one where it was labeled the fastest production bike made? It was lined up on the runway next to an F-16 fighter jet and beats the jet in the quarter mile? ;)

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, but never with this many CCs under it! :D

Does anyone remember the original VMAX commercials? The one where it was labeled the fastest production bike made? It was lined up on the runway next to an F-16 fighter jet and beats the jet in the quarter mile? ;)

I actually saw the bike in 1984 when it was first being released at the San Francisco bike show. They had a big screen playing a video of the King of the quarter mile rider (for the time) Pee Wee gleeson doing a burnout on the V-Max. It was an amazing thing to see for its time. Everybody was clamoring around Pee Wee and asking if he thought the bike would do 10's in the 1/4 mile.

That show is where I fell in love with the FJ100. It was a beautiful bike in its day.

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
The bike is definately impressive. I'm not too sure about the massive air intakes on each side of the bike. Maybe if they actually fired missiles or photon torpedos I could appreciate the styling better..............

Concept

Reaction score
Visit site
Im not sure what im missing but in Aus I know of the Yamaha MT-01 which is a 1670cc street monster but we dont seem to have the Vmax which appears a similar bike but looks a different bike if you know what I mean?? :confused:

Yamaha Motor Australia

( I hope you can find it through this link look under Torque Sport)

One of the spare parts guys in the local Yamaha dealership owns one and loves it but says the fuel economy is, shall we say crap!

Please someone with some knowledge help me.

Edit: Took the title to mean it was a Yamaha but its a Star which im not familiar with........ I'll just shut up now.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Concept, Star is Yamaha here. They split the sport and cruiser lines into two companies but Star is still all Yamaha regardless. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not sure what im missing but in Aus I know of the Yamaha MT-01 which is a 1670cc street monster but we dont seem to have the Vmax which appears a similar bike but looks a different bike if you know what I mean?? :confused:

Yamaha Motor Australia

( I hope you can find it through this link look under Torque Sport)

One of the spare parts guys in the local Yamaha dealership owns one and loves it but says the fuel economy is, shall we say crap!

Please someone with some knowledge help me.

Edit: Took the title to mean it was a Yamaha but its a Star which im not familiar with........ I'll just shut up now.

My best bud has just bought an MT-01, Cruiser push rod motor in a sportsbike chassis, with decent adjustable suspension, redlines at 5500rpm, 140Nm torque! From a first hand account, i can tell you that it can hold it's own in the twisties, until the going starts to get reaaly hot, then it shows it's weight, 260kg's! Big Mans bike, perfect for the Gorilla's amongst us!

New V-Max is set to be released in Australia early next year, and has a completely different engine, only things they share are a similar displacement, and a Yamaha badge.

:rockon: