Yamaha R1 First Ride

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think I will ever own a liter bike, at least not a supersport. At my size an R1 would not even realize it had a rider on back and we might break the sound barrier! I can see myself getting an R6 for the track and the mountains but never an R1.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The ergos on an R1 are a smidgeon better than on an R6. And literbikes tend to be a bit more spacious than 600s.

I am 6'3".

Some 600s fit me alright, but I enjoy the extra space. Plus this bike came with rearsets already installed so it just fit me like a glove. Couldn't say no and had always wanted an R1 specifically.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The ergos on an R1 are a smidgeon better than on an R6. And literbikes tend to be a bit more spacious than 600s.

I am 6'3".

Some 600s fit me alright, but I enjoy the extra space. Plus this bike came with rearsets already installed so it just fit me like a glove. Couldn't say no and had always wanted an R1 specifically.

So, Lone, is the weather good enough yet for you to ride the wheels off this thing???

:rockon:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good weather in Canada means it's (temporarily) not below freezing. :thumbup:

haha EXACTLY

Today it is hovering up to a balmy 4 degrees celcius for a few hours.

I am out riding, but not warm enough to go bonkers yet....especially not on this thing.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha EXACTLY

Today it is hovering up to a balmy 4 degrees celcius for a few hours.

I am out riding, but not warm enough to go bonkers yet....especially not on this thing.

Fair call, 4 degree's, jeepers, that's cold, way too cold to be riding Sports Bikes as they are intended to be!

:eek:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Minus 5 in the mornings right now. That is the extreme low end of what I will ride to work in since I take the highway.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But you get rewarded in the afternoon for suffering through the morning when you get ride back home in the balmy +4 sunshine...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But you get rewarded in the afternoon for suffering through the morning when you get ride back home in the balmy +4 sunshine...

Bugger that too! You need to come asnd live in Australia, it's Autumn, and it's forecast to be 28c today!

:D