Yamaha FZ6 vs. HD Iron 883 vs. F800ST?

Steve75

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some photos of my old F800ST with added handlebar conversion and remus exhaust. I thought it was a strangely goodish looking bike but just wasn't enough fun for me!

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting comparison....
I too was looking at the F800s before going with the FZ6. I like the beemer quality and legendary fuel consumption plus the low insurance. Oddly I even found the unconventional indicator switching to be quite logical - tho they're changing that. What decided me was the price I could afford plus the fact that it will be parked up on the street most of the time as garage rental in London is insane.
Y'know after I've got used to the yammy, I don't hanker any more.
I got myself in a bit of a hurry last night and scared myself proper by clipping a full 7 minutes off my 17mile commute ;) - which for fellow Brits is mostly round the famous North Circular from Richmond to Highgate.

Hell even the Pillion is coming round!!! Suddenly she loves it :cheer:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at alot of different bike before settleing on the fz6.. my dad had a sportster 1200 and I rode it a few times.. i would probably need to ride it more now (since now I have a few years of motorcycleing experience) to give you a better assesment, but for me the only difference was the riding style. the brakes worked fine and the engine was a blast, not that i went more than 40mph and about 2-3 miles. I just like the fz6 better because it is lighter and way more fun in the curves. i have looked at other bikes and really the street triple is probably my next bike.. and that wont be for a few more years anyways...