Yamaha FZ-16...The "King Mobile"!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Found this on Youtube tonight, where the Yammier FZ-16, all 150cc 's of it, is considered a pretty cool bike amongst the pubescent throngs! Love the audio on this clip!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdp2pitAwNU&feature=related]YouTube - The FZ16-MuziQing!!![/ame]

Rather amusing!

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also found this one....check out the comments that go with it...it's war!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvqXMa7aYdE&feature=related]YouTube - FZ16 top speed part 1[/ame]

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am on a roll now...let's go Racing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SDT_nUli3Q&feature=related]YouTube - All about the Yamaha Racing Kits for R15 and FZ16[/ame]

It's insanely loud folks! :rof:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
They look kinda fun... not so much on the straights but man I'd like to run ripsh_t through Boston on one.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
these vids are funny. but i'll say as someone who's been to india that 120 kph is pretty stinkin' fast. fastest i ever road in a car over there was about 80 kph and it felt like the driver was out of control. 40 kph was about average. cities are too congested to go fast and the country roads are TORE UP so you can't go too fast there either. as a matter of fact, one of our roads was so bumpy that our driver went off road into a field for a smoother ride.

so yes, it's funny for us, but those are really good bikes for over there. i myself wouldn't mind one for around town uses here in the states. maybe a 200 or 250, but i'd take a 150 if it were given to me.

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's pretty funky for a smaller bike :thumbup:

ayamahafz16md.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
these vids are funny. but i'll say as someone who's been to india that 120 kph is pretty stinkin' fast. fastest i ever road in a car over there was about 80 kph and it felt like the driver was out of control. 40 kph was about average. cities are too congested to go fast and the country roads are TORE UP so you can't go too fast there either. as a matter of fact, one of our roads was so bumpy that our driver went off road into a field for a smoother ride.

so yes, it's funny for us, but those are really good bikes for over there. i myself wouldn't mind one for around town uses here in the states. maybe a 200 or 250, but i'd take a 150 if it were given to me.

I think it's pretty funky for a smaller bike :thumbup:

http://jacaremoto.com.br/colunajacare/wp-
content/uploads/2009/08/ayamahafz16md.jpg

don't get me wrong, I think they are awesome little bikes, and they make huge amounts of sense, but it is still like an alternative reality for someone from Australia, were even 600's are looked down upon as a small bike!!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those are cool little bikes, i checked them out a bit while i was in canada, and would love to have one to tear around town on.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
don't get me wrong, I think they are awesome little bikes, and they make huge amounts of sense, but it is still like an alternative reality for someone from Australia, were even 600's are looked down upon as a small bike!!!

oh i understand. cause even though i've been and i know, i still wanted to laugh as i watched him talking about squeezing all he could out of the 22bph. just thought i'd throw the real life speeds i went when i was over there. oh, and it was funny to hear him talk about the "race package" yamaha was selling with it.

when i was in indonesia a few years ago i got talking to a national who road a bike over there. his bike was the largest they sold in the country... a sporty looking 250 thumper. when i told him my bike had a 650cc** engine you should have seen his face. :eek: and then when i told him that there are much bigger engines than that on the road his face turned to :jawdrop:

** yes i know the fz6 is a 600cc. at the time i had a gl650.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love his comment about the FZ16 and R15 being so called "loud", imagine him next to an FZ6 with 2Bros without the power tips .:BLAA:

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Lets pretend I have tons of money and time. I want the R15 really bad as a city bike in the US. Could I buy one, have it shipped here, register it somehow? Just wondering as they are pretty cool. Not sure how it would work or if you even could get it and register it at all.

Anyone know if it would be possible? Money no object, etc.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lets pretend I have tons of money and time. I want the R15 really bad as a city bike in the US. Could I buy one, have it shipped here, register it somehow? Just wondering as they are pretty cool. Not sure how it would work or if you even could get it and register it at all.

Anyone know if it would be possible? Money no object, etc.

there is this....the YZF-R125.....a mini R1!

2009 Yamaha YZF-R 125 specifications and pictures

:thumbup:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site