yamaha fazer600 2006 is not holding idle

petros88

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all to the forum i am really happy i found this forum... a friend of mine brought to me his fazer in order to customise it a little... this is the first time that i am working on a fazer.. i remove the gas tank and take it for a new paint and i receive it yesterday i put it back to the bike and now the bike is fire up and then is dying after 3 seconds... if i have the throttle open is revving and then die again is like they running out of gas....when i turn the key i can hear the fuel pump that is working... thank you for your help in advance

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How about the smaller vent and over flow lines on each lower side of the tank?

Was anything else done besides the fuel tank removal?

Was the fuel pump removed and re-installed?
I'd be curious if the fuel pump filter is clogged shut. Gets just enough fuel to start up, but too clogged to keep running

ANY mod's to the bike(engine wise)?

Can you post a video of it acting up?

Last edited:

petros88

Reaction score
Visit site
i connect the over flow lines but i can t see the smaller vent... i remember that i remove the fuel line the 2 small over flow lines and the 2 fuses green one and white one.. i thing there is no small vent under the gas tank.. i didn t remove the fuel pump..
no mods to the engine...
i just remove the tank to paint it..

"I'd be curious if the fuel pump filter is clogged shut. Gets just enough fuel to start up, but too clogged to keep running"

i am thinking the exact same thing but the bike was runing before i remove the gas tank
i will make a video and post to the thread tomorrow

Thank you for your help so far

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd guess its something other than plugged vent hose as it would take much more time to build a vacuum and starve. We are talking 3 sec of idle time not wot throttle.

Even a kinked hose would likely idle.

Was the tank emptied of fuel before being rolled around for painting? If not the fuel could have loosened sediment while being moved.

Lets see what the video reveals...

stefangeir

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread here is discussing a similar issue, a painted fuel tank and now the bike won't run for more than a few seconds. TownsendsFJR1300 has actually suggested in there that it might be a 'painted ground' which I don't know exactly what is, but I suspect it is when you paint over a grounding cable or something, and it therefore stops grounding the thing it should ground?

Anyways, might be worth checking that thread out as well petros88.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a good candidate to add fuel too before it quits running (do nothing else) and see if it stays running.

Lift tank, remove screws holding air box lid and lid, use a spoon, syringe, or whatever you have drible fuel into the throttle bodies. It should blubber and keep running.

It seems to start with ease. Is there an alarm or anything else involved there?

It sounds like the ignition and fuel are being cut off. What happens if you open the throttle right as it starts?

Last edited:

seddo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Check the fuel pump relay behind the left hand rear panel. Mine was green and corroded on a few terminals giving the exact same problem/symptom while doing some work and modifications. I must of pulled the wire while playing around. Certainly worth a look. Hope this helps. Regards Lee