Yamaha Comfort Seat?

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the bike for over a week now and I had a chance to put some miles on it over the weekend. Well my butt was sore after a couple of hours. I've decided to go with the comfort seat and wanted to know how it compares to the stock seat in terms of dimensions. Does it look the same as the stock seat but just more comfortable? Did it change the ride height at all and the last subjective question, how much of an improvement over the stock seat?

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put a comfort seat on mine last month and have rode about 300 miles on it.

The seat looks about the same. A touch thinker and you do sit a bit higher.

The biggest thing I see right now is I seem to slide forward more. I am hoping it is just due to the seat not being broke in.

Good news, I do find the seat more comfortable.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe a "Top Sellerie" or "Bagster"?
I have to say when I bought my bike (2nd hand) it already had the Top Sellerie installed, so I never tried the piece of cardboard that Yamaha fittet.
You get better control and more comfort from either of these seats...

Grnrzr

Reaction score
Visit site
I just had my first ride with my yamaha comfort seat last weekend. Definetely more comfortabe than stock. I didnt notice if it was taller, maybe slightly. Imo it looks better than stock. I found mine on fleabay for a good price. :D

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe a "Top Sellerie" or "Bagster"?
I have to say when I bought my bike (2nd hand) it already had the Top Sellerie installed, so I never tried the piece of cardboard that Yamaha fittet.
You get better control and more comfort from either of these seats...

The Top Sellerie seat looks great but were do they ship from?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
The Top Sellerie seat looks great but were do they ship from?

Phew I have no idea?... my seat says YAMAHA with blue stitching and it really changes the look of the bike just like a belly pan.
Also works great with passenger on the back because the seat is much better divided.

Last edited:

crabbypants

Reaction score
Visit site
My used bike had the Comfort Seat on it, but I'm looking at getting a TS one and selling the comfort seat (i'm a bigger dude and could use a little more to the seat).

Looks like the already made ones are the way to go because they are ready to ship from their site, and they are cheaper than the custom made ones.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The comfort seat was not comfortable for me at all as was the stock seat. I have the Top Saddelry one and it's great. Ships from France. You can order on line. You can design a seat or they have some already made up. The best way to go. :rockon:

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
The comfort seat was not comfortable for me at all as was the stock seat. I have the Top Saddelry one and it's great. Ships from France. You can order on line. You can design a seat or they have some already made up. The best way to go. :rockon:

Just worked out what it would cost, $345 dollars which includes shipping. Not bad if the seat is of high quality and comfort. How long did it take to come from France?

Last edited: