Yamaha Comfort Seat

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone fit the Yamaha comfort seat to an 04-06 even though it's only listed for 07 on the Yamaha site? If so are the seat pans the same?

Edit - just saw the swap a bracket comment on page 1 - is that the latch? I don't see anything else to swap.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Yes thats right. Just the latch.
If you need one, mine is for sale $200 shipped in the cont. US, a little extra anywhere else. Its going to be steep to ship.

deljs

Reaction score
Visit site
@ wrightme43
You're selling the Yamaha comfort seat? I'm curious as to why, as I'd gotten the impression you liked it. If you don't mind me asking...
Is it not comfortable over the long haul? A drag to hang off of? Wanna get a cowl? Need cash? Gonna get a Corbin?

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes thats right. Just the latch.
If you need one, mine is for sale $200 shipped in the cont. US, a little extra anywhere else. Its going to be steep to ship.

Thanks - I actually impulsively bought one on eBay that hasn't shown up and then got worried that it won't fit at all when it does (although it may not fit great around the tank in any event based on other things I've read). Also curious as to why you've decided to dump yours?

W

wrightme43

I am buying a corbin with a back rest.
Nothing wrong with the seat, Girlfriend wants a backrest.

I did not know they had one for $125 plus $10. What have the last auctions closed at?

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about other auctions but mine was a buy-it-now for ~$185 including shipping (it was ~165 for the seat and ~20 shipping from CA to MA if I remember right). It was new from a online parts dept of a yamaha dealer. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up since I've been debating it vs corbin - at ~$70 less for list price it was a hard, choice but at ~$150 less I figured I'd try it.

Last edited:

Dimitrije

Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a problem taking the seat off to get to the underseat storage???mine takes off fine but getting it back in place at tank area its impossible with out the screwdriver!
help pls...

Last edited:

Dimitrije

Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a problem taking the seat off to get to the underseat storage???mine takes off fine but getting it back in place at tank area its impossible with out the screwdriver!
help pls...

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Try offering up the nose of the seat first at the back of the tank while holding the back of the seat up at about 45 deg and then push down and forward on the nose of the seat to get the "tongue" at the front of the seat under the bracket....Once you feel the "tongue" has caught the underside of the retaining bracket, lever the back of the seat down and then push firmly in the centre of the seat to lock it.
Works every time for me.

pipnash

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought one and love it :cheer: Its much comfier than the standard seat. Have done 400 mile trips with no problem and am off touring France in 2 weeks knowing it will be fuel stops only and not needing to stop every hour so ease my sore rear :thumbup:

firecat

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, I bought one recently and I think the standard one is better! my butt started to ache with the new one 50 miles in to the ride. The standard set up is good for 100+ before it causes my ass to crack!! Very disappointed!

TSi Fly

Reaction score
Visit site
Now available on ebay from Alford Bros UK, I just bought one £141 on buy it now/ make an offer. Delivered next day, looks neat, worth a try.