"y pipe"

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
Does anybody have a pic of their "Y" pipe for aftermarket exhaust. I have heard they all look the same but I want to compare thinking about modifying mine before I put it on. I have all the equipment and and a tig welder I need at work so it shouldnt be that hard. I want to see if any of the other companies are making them different, if you pos tpic please include what company it is from. I will post a pic of my M4 in the morning.

coursonap-albums-motorcycle-picture2782-fscn0890.jpg

Here is a pic of mine that I took this morning.

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They aren't all the same. Although the 2 Bros is loud, their "Y-Piece" is more like a "T-Piece" and a lot of the exhaust gas comes out of the right side can.

I have a set of Leo's, I'll see if I can find a pic, if not, I'll grab the camera and get one this arvo.

:)

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
That is the way my M4's are like a "T". I would dig them out of the box but everybody is asleep and i dont want to wake them. I will do it in the morning.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks my pic Dave ,lol

That it is mate, that it is :thumbup:
I thought I remembered a better pic of the Y-piece, but I couldn't find it.

Ok, took a couple of photo's, but it's hard to get a good shot when it's attached to the bike.

It's more of "Y" than the 2 Bros, but still not perfect.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you go to the websites they usually have the schematics fo the exhausts on them somewhere, i know that at one point i had downloaded the ones for leos, scorpions, M4s, two brothers and Ixil's. I was thinking of making my own exhaust and was looking for ideas.

I seem to have lost a few of my older bike related pictures and i no longer have them. But try the manufacturer web sites.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Laser Quads - they have about the closest thing to an actual y-pipe of any of the aftermarkets I've seen. The two legs are pretty close in length but the left side does still have a sharp bend on the way into the mini-collector box thing. This pic shows it pretty well

Laser_X-treme_Tapered.jpg

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Laser Quads - they have about the closest thing to an actual y-pipe of any of the aftermarkets I've seen. The two legs are pretty close in length but the left side does still have a sharp bend on the way into the mini-collector box thing. This pic shows it pretty well

Laser_X-treme_Tapered.jpg

:drool: :drool: :rockon:

they look better and better everytime I see them.... I gotta get me a laser quad fund going......:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The "t-pipe" on the TB's makes one can almost unused!!! Not so bad, just means that you get to swap the end cans from time to time, and extend the life of the packing in each pipe, before having to re-pack them.

:thumbup: