• None of the above - I use a different brand

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • None of the above - I don't use a disc lock

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on the XX14 and its in transit. Not sure if it was a good deal, but Amazon had it for about 73 bucks. Since I dont have theft coverage I figured it was a wise investment.

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on the XX14 and its in transit. Not sure if it was a good deal, but Amazon had it for about 73 bucks. Since I dont have theft coverage I figured it was a wise investment.

I snagged the XX14 after feedback here. $87 shipped with a 10% discount coupon code from Motorcycle Superstore.

I, too, am waiting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hendricks433

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the the XX6 and think it's great - Fits perfectly anywhere from the noon to 6pm position. The pin is small enough to fit in the vent hole or the set of holes further back (as seen in this shot).

xena_xx6.jpg

Wish I would have went with this rather than the XX14 so I could put it on the rear wheel.

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using the XX14 for about a month now. It can sometimes be troublesome to unlock. It's gone off a few times, but it otherwise seems to work well. Haven't ridden off with it attached yet. Hoping I don't make that mistake.

Speaking about that, I'm surprised that Xena doesn't sell a reminder tether like other manufacturers.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't ridden off with it attached yet. Hoping I don't make that mistake.

I have a separate clip for my bike key so the triple doesn't get scratched up. if I use the disc lock, I just put the lock key adjacent to the bike key (on my key ring). Its right there when you pull out the ignition key and pretty difficult to forget. (that's specifically for the non-audible style)

Just sitting the bike up (even before the kickstand is up), it'll let you know it's still on.. :D

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm definitely getting AT LEAST one of these for when I bring my bike down to school next year. I'll be sharing a spot with my roommate underneath the building so I'm hoping his car being there will also help keep thieves away.

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Xena XX10, it can fit on the front rotor, but not the rear. I also had to remove the battery, since the alarm has a "mind of it own". A couple times the unit was alarming while in motion, stored under the seat.

To make matters worst, I live in NYC so any excessive alarm sounds while parked would most likely get my bike vandalized.

It's a good device, but the alarm issues needs to be revised.

SocialOne

Reaction score
Visit site
I use an Oxford. Very well made, solid quality materials and finish and a good quality pouch. Quite compact too - it slides neatly next to the toolkit. You can clip it on and have the option of arming the alarm or not. If you move the bike it chirps some warning tones, so you can't forget it and ride off. If you move it again it starts to wail. The warning feature saved me once.

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure about which model, but did you notice that most people were complaining about the product before they even got it?

I know you're bound to get some defects, but they ALL can't be defective. The fitment on a FZ should be any of them, right? (To those that have one)

I have a cheap-o one but I figure it's worth the money if it gives me time to grab my iron and chase the scumbag down.

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased the XX6 version a few days ago. My plan is to use the XX6 on the rear wheel, and the XX10 on the front wheel. Sadly I will not be using the alarm function, as it's a nuisance, and unreliable.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the bright yellow xx6, bought the summer of 2013. The battery is dead now but I kind of like that better because it was so loud! I only use it when traveling and felt the bright color might help as a deterrent.