I want a cheap alarm for my FZ6

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty much like it says. I wanna buy an alarm to instal on the bike that can beep when people get too near and go off and immobilize the bike if they touch/knock it.

I currently have a Xena disc lock alarm, but wanted to add to the bike.

Don't want to spend too much. £20-£30 really unless I can get one that is much much better for up to £50...

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a cheapo ebay special for $.99 plus about $2.00 shipping and it works fine. I have it mounted under the seat and it came with a key fob. When armed if you lightly bump the bike or sit on it the alarm goes off and it is pretty loud. Good enough for me, car/bike theft around here is extremely rare. I can not remember the last time a bike was stolen in this area.

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
You're in the UK so I'm guessing that your bike already has an immobiliser so no need to worry about that.

As for alarms, well personally I wouldn't bother as they're more hassle than they're worth (I've had a few on previous bikes and they either go off for no reason, drain your battery or immobilise the bike while you're filling up with petrol)

Physical security is better in my opinion so make sure you've got at least a heavy duty disk lock or chain. Alternatively get a disk lock with alarm built in like the Xena XX14

seoulski

Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042VVJGW/?tag=hyprod-20&hvadid=15470396379&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13637932722053395966&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B0042VVJGW]Gorilla Automotive 8007 Motorcycle Alarm with Remote Transmitter : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

These work really well. I have them on 3 different bikes

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm liking [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0035A7TGK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE"]this[/ame] one a lot at the moment. Just need to do more research. It's only a tenner or so more than the cheap chinese ones.

I already have one of these and the factory immobilizer. I work in a school and so just wanted a little extra protection.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought a cheap alarm from AliExpress and it works great. Really sensitive. The kids at the school I work with won't be able to mess with my bike without it going off. If I slam the garage door it sets the alarm off! :D It goes off for a few seconds as a warning the first time and if you knock the bike again within a short period of time it goes off properly.

There is a pretty small control box and a siren that need to be attached to the bike somewhere. I made up a simple mount for the control box and used the hole provided on the siren to mount them. You can see an image attached of the screws above each of the headlight bulbs under the inner fairing where I mounted the siren and the control box.Although the siren is hidden under the inner fairing, it's still really loud. I actually wanted to use the dual horns I have installed for the alarm sound, but it doesn't provide enough voltage for that. I was able to get the indicators to light up when the alarm goes off by tapping into the wiring from the bar controls and it works great. Now my bike is protected by the built-in lock and immobiliser, my Xena disc lock alarm and my cheapy chinese alarm!