WTF has this guy done???

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I looks to me like he painted the stock exhaust covers, threw away the stock exhaust and then stuck in an R6 Akrapovic exhaust underneath the whole thing. Am I right? It looks weird and sounds pants as far as I'm concerned!!! :Flip:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrlQ01nxVA[/ame]

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the "Puma" brand FE kit. Now that is ghetto!

W

wrightme43

Neat idea anyway, I would say if he figured out a way to eliminate the stock exhuast area, fill it and make it look nice it would be cool, very much so if he could reroute that pipe cause that looks goofy as well.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
He should have used an aftermarket exhaust from a bike that actually has an undertail exhaust like ours. Like one of the Ducatis maybe.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As for looks, don't like it. As for sound, don't like it. Needs a chamber somewhere for some resonance or something instead of just a small horn on the end.

Creative tho!

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
this guy has too much time to do something like dat..well all's not lost. at least we all not r6 akra dont go too well with fz6 yeap:D

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my guess is he's drilled out the stock baffle and stuck an Akra sticker on the stock cover

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, it looks like he re routed the exhaust to the side (silver pipe) then couldnt figure out what to do with the stock exhaust, so he painted it back (carbon looking) and put an Akra sticker on it for looks... 3 pipes... 2 for looks 1 for bad sound

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
sure it sounds cool at idle but with any throttle it sound like me after a big bowl of chile . why would you do that do your bike I don't get it . I guess if you think about maybe its what this person had siting around so it works but come on it sounds really bad !

Scotty1122

Cincy ZRX Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a possibility that the side pipe is for track and its modified to be able to switch over to the stock routing for the street? Just spitballing here.:don'tknow:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a possibility that the side pipe is for track and its modified to be able to switch over to the stock routing for the street? Just spitballing here.:don'tknow:

that would be insanely more difficult than it would be worth... just getting a real FZ exhaust would yield more power and be a lot easier...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks weird. You can see the small pipe (which looks like maybe a straight pipe to me?). HOWEVER:::

I'd like to see the paint scheme because I'm digging that white/red...

Yes i am more interested in that red & white paint sheme...Hmmmm

As for the exhaust, what a mess!

:rockon: