WTB: Top Sellerie Seat

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, FYI on their site they sell "bargain" seats. Usually commonly ordered ones they keep in stock, or custom made ones that were returned. They list them on the right hand side & you can scroll through the available ones with the arrows.

Top Sellerie

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Kinderwood. I just checked it out and the prices are good. I will keep checking back on their site until I find the right color-combo I'm looking for.

Thanks again!:rockon:

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the stock seat for years and >20k miles. So it was pretty worn out and crap by the time I switched to the Top Saddlery with gel. So I'm not sure how much of the improvement is the fact that their foam is so kick-ass or the gel. I do know that my butt was the limiting factor on long rides with the stock seat, but not anymore.

I do get a lot less vibration through the seat, which keeps my butt from going numb. I think that is due to the gel.

But for me, that's mostly an issue on longer rides, say > 2 hours. For a 30 min-60 min ride, I'm not sure the gel is as advantageous. I was worried the gel would stick out and add a "bump" to the seat, but they actually make a cutout pocket in the foam. Hard to tell it's even there by touch.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Kinderwood. I just checked it out and the prices are good. I will keep checking back on their site until I find the right color-combo I'm looking for.

Thanks again!:rockon:

I know from when I was shopping, the seats on bargain do change periodically.

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the stock seat for years and >20k miles. So it was pretty worn out and crap by the time I switched to the Top Saddlery with gel. So I'm not sure how much of the improvement is the fact that their foam is so kick-ass or the gel. I do know that my butt was the limiting factor on long rides with the stock seat, but not anymore.

I do get a lot less vibration through the seat, which keeps my butt from going numb. I think that is due to the gel.

But for me, that's mostly an issue on longer rides, say > 2 hours. For a 30 min-60 min ride, I'm not sure the gel is as advantageous. I was worried the gel would stick out and add a "bump" to the seat, but they actually make a cutout pocket in the foam. Hard to tell it's even there by touch.

Thanks for the detailed info. I was also worried as well that the gel would bulge or raise me higher. Thank you for providing this info.