WTB stock seat

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have anything to trade but just wanted to let you know that the stock seat, and Corbin for that matter, will fit all year bikes. I have an 07' that I used the 04' model Corbin seat. I sold/traded the Corbin for a stock 06' seat. All of which fit without issue.

Just a heads up:)

This has me very curious. The Yamaha parts book shows different part numbers for a 2006 seat vs a 2008 seat. The Corbin web site also shows them as two different parts. But you seem to have put an older seat model on a newer bike. i wonder if it will fit the other way around ? :confused:

I think I will shoot Mike Corbin and E-mail and see what he has to say.

BTW: new PM sent.

Marc

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This has me very curious. The Yamaha parts book shows different part numbers for a 2006 seat vs a 2008 seat. The Corbin web site also shows them as two different parts. But you seem to have put an older seat model on a newer bike. i wonder if it will fit the other way around ? :confused:

BTW: new PM sent.

Marc

I believe that it will work both ways. If I remember correctly; the only actual difference between the stock seats is the length of the seat catch. In some instances, depending on the tolerances of the bike, some have had to space out the seat catch using shim washers.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
That is no problem shimming up the seat catch.

I have sent an E-mail to Corbin to get their input but am again very interested in this seat.

Thank you all for confusing me even more than I usually am. :BLAA:

Marc

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
I put a Corbin from a 08 on my O6 with no problem. Well the only problem is I hated the Corbin way to hard. Stock seat went back on and sold the Corbin. I did like the cover as it was easier to move around on then the stocker but that is about it.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
so whats the verdict doest on 08 work on 06

The verdict is that a Corbin seat designed for an 08 DOES indeed fit on an 06. I just got this seat in and put it on the bike. I did not need to make any modifications at all. It fits just a wee bit loose but so have all the Corbin seats I have ever had.

I give it three thumbs up. :thumbup:

Marc

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a stock fz6 seat from my 2004. Let me know if you're still looking...

-Nick-