WTB: Parts please help

thatboyranin

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
So today on my way to school I was clipped by a car and laid my bike down. Now I need:
A new front master brake cylinder and front brake lines
New mirrors
Front turn signals

I would need whatever is compatable for a 1986 FZ600. Thank you all for your time and safe riding!

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you're ok, and already thinking about fixing the bike. From the sound of the parts you need, it doesn't sound too badly damaged. Can you post up what happened to cause the wreck? Did the car not see you...etc.? Any info would be great because it could help someone else prevent a similar wreck.

Cheers, and heal fast & well!! :D

thatboyranin

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I was riding to school yesterday morning in the carpool lane. Traffic was pretty heavy (stop and go) so I decided that I wanted to go ahead and skip up a car or two.

In order to pass the car infront of me I would need to lane split. I started accelerating and lane splitting. A small car decided to change lanes into the number two lane (1. carpool 2. next lane over, ect.) and because of heavy traffic she stopped right in the middle of the two lanes. I got on my brakes to try and prevent myself from hitting her but there was to little distance and to much speed.

I impacted the front right bumper of the car which then pushed me into the number two lane of the highway. My bike was laid down on the right side and slid out from under me. My body continued to roll and get scratched up. Some how I was lucky enough not to be hit or ran over by another vehical.

I was rushed to Marin General Hospital (Over in San Rafael, CA) since there was concern that I might have the possibility of a broken elbow, hip and knee. There was also concern that I could have internal injuries or damage to my neck or spine.

After spending a few hours in the hospital getting x-rays they determined that everything was fine. I was lucky enough to walk away with some bruises, road rash, a broken laptop screen, and mostly minor damage to my bike.