Wrong mirrors

dimos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
today I received the mirrors I purchased from Wemoto:
Yamaha FZ6 S2 Naked (ABS) (1B3) (2 Piston Caliper) 04-07 Mirror Right Hand Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer

and found that they don't fit my 2005 naked FZ6. I didn't know that the FZ6 S2 mirrors and mine are not compatible.

First, I am wondering if there is anything I can do to fit them on, the screws seem to have same size and thread. I can't tell what is the difference which make them not fit. Do you know?

Second and more important, what mirrors to search on ebay so that I don't have the same problem. Do universal mirrors fit on 2005 model? Any 10mm univesal mirror set will fit? As far as I know, I need to have the yamaha mirror adaptor kit (for reverse thread).

Is that 10mm size that I should look for?

THanks

Last edited:
Try fitting the left mirror on the right side, and the right on the left. Maybe one has a left hand thread and one a right hand thread.

This is what I found on the web:
Left hand Yamaha mirrors are machined with a standard clockwise thread which allows plenty of choice with aftermarket mirrors.
However, the right hand Yamaha mirrors have a reversed anti-clockwise thread which greatly restricts that amount of choice of aftermarket mirrors for Yamaha models.

So, alanrim you are correct, the left mirror needs clockwise thread and the right mirror needs counter-clockwise thread.

youngy your suggestion was quite smart, since it is possible to swap the higher ends of the mirrors, and exchange their lower ends. However, this would solve my problem only if the FZ6 S2 model's threads are the opposite of the 2005 FZ6N (meaning left mirror be counter-clockwise, right mirror be clockwise).

I don't know what happens with my bike... the clockwise thread seems to fit also from the right side, which doesn't make any sense... I suspect, that that the previous owner should have changed the whole brake unit+holders with a non-yamaha which which does fit.

In that case, the bike is both sides compatible with clockwise thread, and this means that I can buy any pair of mirrors ( apart from right Yamaha ones :p ).

Apart from my problem, what is the difference between the S2 and the 2005 FZZ6 model mirrors? What is different and they cannot fit? It shouldn't be the thread direction...

Back