Wolf's crash damage!!!!!!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Back to the normal routine...has gotta be good for you.

:thumbup:

Even though it's the same work....arvos do it better and having to cover all the lapses of the day shift crew was pretty tuff. Then there's the getting up at 5AM instead of going to bed at that time....then there's the breakfast...yadda yadda yadda.

That and I had a nice ride today...lol.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Even though it's the same work....arvos do it better and having to cover all the lapses of the day shift crew was pretty tuff. Then there's the getting up at 5AM instead of going to bed at that time....then there's the breakfast...yadda yadda yadda.

That and I had a nice ride today...lol.:thumbup:

Was a nice day for riding too...

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolf - good deal on the bike fixes!

And - ozzieboy - mesh jacket over a t-shirt? I can only dream of that right now. Take a spin for me - but skip the coffee drink (I like my coffee hot). ;)

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
awesome! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

fork sliders, man that's a great idea. i've got a scuff on my fork i'd like to cover as well as protect the fork in the future. any recommendations for some?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

And - ozzieboy - mesh jacket over a t-shirt? I can only dream of that right now. Take a spin for me - but skip the coffee drink (I like my coffee hot). ;)

How about a cappuccino at Victor?...lol.

Missed out yesterday, but keen to get one today...lol...I just want to get that free coffee....lol...so I've got to get my card stamped:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i rode my bike again today!!!!! Yep, got some new Bars (MCS Drag Bars, exactly what i had before), and Grips today, chucked em on, and took the bike for a quick spin around the block a few times...all seems to be good, bike is tracking straight, steady under heavy braking.....first real test will be tomorrow.

And to think the Bike shop, said that i was dreaming if i thought i was going to have it back on the road by the end of January!!! :eek:

Bike is still a little rough, couple of scrapes (Engine Cover), and minor dings to sort (Tank), but i am going to let insurance pay for those!

Bike was supposed to go in next Wednesday to be assessed for insurance...still will, but with a lot less stuff to worry about.

Total cost of fix so far, $102 (Bars, Grips, and a few nuts & bolts, etc), plus Burgers, & Beers, for Gary, who pulled off the fix of the year on my rearsets, and rear subframe!

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Had a cappuccino for you.

Great ride today...have video...lol.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bet a paintless dent shop could fix all your dents without touching the paint. I got a pretty big dent pulled when a car knocked my bike over, and the tank looks perfect now.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im glad you were able to get your bike back together its one of the best lookin machines ive seen.:rockon:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, got the plaster off this morning, dont even need to wear a Moon Boot...can walk unaided, and wear normal shoes, boots!!!!

Awesome result!!!!!! now some good news for the bike next wednesday to match that, and i will be back on the road real soon! Even if only on my Ducati, for a bit.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Glad to hear your healing up quick! :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
don't see how to get them in the US... been searching a bit and don't see any places in the us to buy them for the fizz

edit: found Swing Arm & Fork Slides for Sportbikes and Motorcycles. Wild Hair Accessories.

You might be waiting a bit for them anyway.....I have had mine on order for a while now, and Ozzieboy just ordered some after witnessing my tumble....

As far as we know, we are the first people to ever order them for an FZ6...Am gueesing, that they are making them to order...hence the delay.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,this was December last year !

sure was...and the bike and me have reovered...and I have even managed to crash a different fz6 since and recover from that one too! Lol! Looks like the forum gremlins have been picking up old threads again and moving them to the top of the home page! Lol!