Witness a bike accident

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I was stopped at at stop light on the southbound lane a Honda civic driven by a middle aged man was traveling on the eastbound lane.He made a left turn to go on the northbound lane " passedright next to me". That's when a Honda shadow traveling on the westbound lane hit him. Kinda like a Tbone but only caught the rear bumper of the Honda. The bike was traveling at about 35-40 when this happened. When the bike hit the car it fell to the left side and skid. The rider slid for a bit maybe about 10 ft..

He got up and started limping I parked my car real quick and he came towards me as I was getting of my car. He laid down in the back of the car while helped arrived then they took over. He looked ok nothing major just a deep cut /hole on his right leg and minor road rash.

The driver of the Honda never came to check the rider to ask if he was ok or anything and nobody alse bother to help or move his bike out of the intersection they just kept going around it. Makes me think how vulnerable we are out there . The Honda had to yield to incoming traffic before making that left turn!

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was stopped at at stop light on the southbound lane a Honda civic driven by a middle aged man was traveling on the eastbound lane.He made a left turn to go on the northbound lane " passedright next to me". That's when a Honda shadow traveling on the westbound lane hit him. Kinda like a Tbone but only caught the rear bumper of the Honda. The bike was traveling at about 35-40 when this happened. When the bike hit the car it fell to the left side and skid. The rider slid for a bit maybe about 10 ft..

He got up and started limping I parked my car real quick and he came towards me as I was getting of my car. He laid down in the back of the car while helped arrived then they took over. He looked ok nothing major just a deep cut /hole on his right leg and minor road rash.

The driver of the Honda never came to check the rider to ask if he was ok or anything and nobody alse bother to help or move his bike out of the intersection they just kept going around it. Makes me think how vulnerable we are out there . The Honda had to yield to incoming traffic before making that left turn!

90 Percent of the people in the world are completely apathetic to anything outside of their own life. It is people like you who are willing to help somebody that you don't know, that gives me hope in the other 10 percent. I know that you helped this person without expecting anything in return, but I want to say, good job man way to do the right thing.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
90 Percent of the people in the world are completely apathetic to anything outside of their own life. It is people like you who are willing to help somebody that you don't know, that gives me hope in the other 10 percent. I know that you helped this person without expecting anything in return, but I want to say, good job man way to do the right thing.

I think you may be overestimating the 10 %. In a small town in the south maybe, but in a large US city? Maybe 1% of people would stop.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
But 1% of people in a large city is still a lot of people. I dumped my bike in a parking lot once in the rain and before I realized what happened two guys had rushed to pick up my bike and a third was checking me out to make sure I was okay.

Of course, on second thought, I don't know if that counts because it was on a military base. The guy checking me out was a corpsman.

When I wrecked a few months back, two guys stopped to control traffic and make sure I was okay. The second one tried to chase down the yahoo that clipped me and ran, but couldn't find him.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Kudos to you Moe Dog for helping out. :cheer:
Hey all, give the man some rep!! :thumbup: