Wireless communication

JoeDalton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a communicator kit between 2 bikes (or more). i read a bit about many bluetooth kit and the collett Racefone "up to 2 miles" communicator seems great. My interest goes more on clear communication first, bluetooth applications comes after.

Any comments, suggestions, hints ?

Thanks

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
There are many options, including bluetooth.

I personally use the J&M system and it has a CB radio in it.
Both my Father and I use this intercom so we talk bike to bike via CB radio. This allows us to talk to other CB users, including truck driver and police. Its pretty cool. Only down side, you have to put a decent sized antenna on the bike to make it work. I have found a way to mount my 3 foot antenna with out looking too bad. But with bags and such the FZ has become a nice sport tour.

-bryan

07FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
There are many choices, I choose autocomm. It provides great rider/passenger communications, and with a two way radio with a ptt (push to talk) switch, you can communicate bike to bike as well, and with anyone using a two way radio in range.

You could also just get their bike to bike kit, It is a two way radio with headsets and thats it.

Autocomm has several kits to choose from, and thier top of the line kit is just under $500, but it does just about EVERYTHING!

I work in a motorcycle parts store, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.