Winterizing Help!!!

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
I began to winterize my bike this afternoon and ran into a small problem. As i tipped the tank up in the air to put my battery tender on the battery, gas began to drip out of one of the fuel lines that comes out of the bottom of the tank. It only seemed to happen when it was as far as it could stand up so i leaned it down farther and called it a day. Why is this happening:confused:

zuull

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe I had the same problem installing the tender.The lines at the bottom are
I believe the breather lines not fuel lines.If you follow th line they come out under the bike.Gas is overflowing back out if tipped to far back.
Ps.Had a heck of time trying to find where to run the tender line out out bike from battery.
finally got it along under tank on left side and down.Good luck with yours.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
zuull is correct. It is fuel coming from the overflow and this is normal when the tank is over half full and tipped. What I did was place a tin pan under the bike to catch the drips.

As for running the line... I can my tender lead out the front with the wiring harness then through the cable stay in front of the triple. When you cap the lead off, it is held in place by the cable stay. This also gives you easy access as a rider to plug in accessories right in front of you. :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

You could just get all sorts of crazy and perma wire it with a fuse to a SAE jack that matches the tender run it out under the tank and never worry about it again. Also then you can use the tender all the time and just leave it plugged into the bike till your ready to use it, then unplug and ride and replug when you return.

Thats what I did anyway. I am extra lazy though.
Then again it wasnt the guy that liked carrying rocks up a hill that invented the wheel barrow. LOL