Winter Project - Streetfighter

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
So here are a few shots of my almost complete streetfighter winter project. Big thanks to Vishnu (dev_usc) for an awesome VS-02 kit straight from India. Great kit, awesome to work with, and I really recommend to anyone.

In addition to the kit, I also added a PowerBronze belly pan (painted the metal mesh black) a Two Bros CF exhaust, CF frame sliders, FE kit, and I pulled the OEM rear tire hugger last night to hack and paint it. Laid down some paint this morning and hope to have it done and back on the bike by Monday latest. Also plan to pull the radiator covers and paint them black as well. More pics to come.

nabaah

Reaction score
Visit site
Belly Pan looks sweet! I'm doing the vs2 kit this winter as well. Just got my the other day. I wanted to get a belly pan as well. Where did you order yours from?

wlay00

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks dope man. I will be pulling the rear hugger also to chop it shorter. Now the only thing that sticks out is those gear selectors/footrests. They would look sick powder coated. I found that using truck bed liner (rhino liner knock off, bought at oreilly's) works really well. I just scuffed em up with some heavy grit sand paper, then sprayed a few coats. Turned out really good. Definitely looks better than normal paint.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks dope man. I will be pulling the rear hugger also to chop it shorter. Now the only thing that sticks out is those gear selectors/footrests. They would look sick powder coated. I found that using truck bed liner (rhino liner knock off, bought at oreilly's) works really well. I just scuffed em up with some heavy grit sand paper, then sprayed a few coats. Turned out really good. Definitely looks better than normal paint.

Thanks dude! Yea, I have been thinking about either powdercoating the rear sets, pulling and painting, or maybe even buying an all black nice aftermarket set. I like your idea of using the bed liner paint though. Sounds like it would be a tougher longer lasting coat. Definitely something to consider.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good, I like the belly pan vents blacked out too, as far as painting the silver stuff, the rattle can bed liner is a good option, or duplicolor black engine enamel is some really good, tough, strong, paint

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good, I like the belly pan vents blacked out too, as far as painting the silver stuff, the rattle can bed liner is a good option, or duplicolor black engine enamel is some really good, tough, strong, paint

Thanks a lot, and I agree, the silver vents are the one weak point of the PowerBronze belly pan. I really like this bed liner idea. I used Rustoleum for the radiator covers as well as the rear hugger. Seems like as long as you scuff the surface with a high grit sandpaper it adheres pretty well. As the rear sets are bigger more visible pieces, I was a little hessitant to use them same approach on them.