Winter Depression...!

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
My apartment complex sits on a parking garage. In the winter, when it's really bad, I'll fire her up once or twice while I can't ride outside, and just bring it around the lot a few times. Just to keep the juices flowing in the bike, so nothing solidifies. Also because it's fun. :)

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the immortal words of John Cougar..." Forget about all that macho sh*t and learn to Play Guitar"...:thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I started riding two years ago, I was impressed with how much it felt like skiing: leaning into the turn, looking where you wanted to go, the speed, the well-executed curve, the occasional tumble & yard sale...

:eek:

Okay, scratch that last one; I have to be careful not to push my riding the way I do my skiing, but otherwise, the thrill is the same, don't know what the skiing's like in your area, but I highly recommend it if you can!

I almost chuckled seeing "Winter Depression...!" on only the second day of being off Daylight Savings Time, but I keep thinking about the skiing coming up and its not so bad... :thumbup:

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
My apartment complex sits on a parking garage. In the winter, when it's really bad, I'll fire her up once or twice while I can't ride outside, and just bring it around the lot a few times. Just to keep the juices flowing in the bike, so nothing solidifies. Also because it's fun. :)
God ...that would only drive me CRAZY....! Do you ever get out of 1st gear ???

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So for those of us that have to deal with snow...what do you do in the winter to combat not rideing your scooter? Mabey I might get some ideas from this... Daryl :cheer:

A couple of burnouts in the living room might fire off some endorphins! Hahaha! LOL! :spank:

Was just talking to my son in NJ and he's getting ready to put up the bike...

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Move to where it's warm

or buy an xbox and the moto-gp game,

or outfit your bicycle with studded tires,

or just sit on the bike making vroom vroom noises.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Snowboarding and other winter sports are fun, we try to go as many times a winter as we can, if you dont like snow, maybe a vacation to a warmer climate? You can ride bikes all year 'round in Florida, those little scooters are even fun.:thumbup:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I normally take a week off in the winter and take the family some where warm. Believe it or not there is a LOT of things you can do that don't involve a motorcycle!:D I tend to let the obsession rest during the winter months.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I ride my Bikes.... the Harley the Fz6 the tandem ...the single and the mt bike:mikebike:

I also head north and west for at least 2 full weeks of snow and skiing (one in NY and one in Utah):spank:

I normally have dinner with some tall funny guy ----you all know as BOTCH...while in UTAH

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
How about restoring a classic motorcycle?
You would have the FZ6 as your normal ride and an old bike for those classic rallys and events held in the summer.
Last year a mate turned up at a meeting of the bike group I am in, riding his uncle's fully restored BSA 500 cc. Poor old uncle too old to ride it now so the mate gets that pleasure.
Even though there was all these new bikes at our meeting, the old BSA got everyone's attention.

Its something on my list. Plenty of swap meets down here in Aussie. We have a Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club as well.
Now what bike would I like to restore?
A Vincent or a Norton Commando.

Just my opinion.
Horrace:D

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Move to where it's warm

looking into that.

or buy an xbox and the moto-gp game,

done

or just sit on the bike making vroom vroom noises.

Is it bad that after I get back from a ride and park my bike in my backyard, I turn her off, and while still sitting on her and holding the clip-ons I'll make the vroom vroom noises for about a minute before I get back in the house? Not to mention I always tap her on the tank and caress her forehead after she brings me home in one piece from another awesome ride!

Believe it or not there is a LOT of things you can do that don't involve a motorcycle!:D

huh?

When we get snow I just wait a week and it's gone:rolleyes:

And I thought we could be friends ... screw that, I don't like you any more.

Damn, I just realized how tough this winter is gonna be ... and on top of that I'll have to leave her winterized at my local bike shop as I don't have a garage :(

When I got rear-ended and didn't get to ride for about 10-15 days I was majorly pissed off at everything and everyone around me. I don't think I'll have any friends by the end of this winter ...

TO the OP: if you can afford it from financial and time-off-from-work perspectives, +1 on the whole "go somewhere warm" thing. I wish I could take a trip to the Seychelles, Tahiti, Mauritius and the likes or if you're on the cheap side probably take a nice cruise with a bunch of friends or SO. If not - xbox and moto gp will be my best bet!

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Down here in the Land Down Under we like to play a little game called...... Ride all year round :rof: , cant help your with the winter blues other than Rumpoles suggestion of restoring a classic :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to some of the things people already mentioned (I too snowboard and try to ride at least once every few weeks in the winter), there's also indoor karting! Fun stuff.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is sad.........I visit motorcycle dealers and sit on their bikes. I also ski but it's so expensive I usually only get around to it once each season. I hate winter - maybe I shoudl move to Australia.