I've stored my baby since October, and we had -37°c on christmas eve :(
Can't wait for spring to come!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can beat that, I've been dealing with riding in the frigid cold for two week straight. The snow has yet to melt on the side streets. Thank goodness for heated gear.

Temp (°C)Now-12°Yesterday-30°RealFeel®-11°RealFeel® Shade-11°Wind Chill-14°Dew Point-14°
Hi / LoPrevious 6 Hours-6°-12°Previous 12 Hours-6°-16°Previous 24 Hours-6°

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
took the car twice this week, once because the lock on my bike had frozen and I didn't think to use de-icer on it. Took the car today because it's finally started snowing properly and I figured it's not worth risking it

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
took the car twice this week, once because the lock on my bike had frozen and I didn't think to use de-icer on it. Took the car today because it's finally started snowing properly and I figured it's not worth risking it

I know this is the UK forum but it's been sub zero temps here in Holland for more than a week now, and I had to use a lock de-icer on Monday. I did take the car on a couple of other days due to snow. Holland had their worst traffic jams ever on Tuesday due to heavy snow :eek: Luckily the roads are clear again now so I rode in this morning.

We got a cold front come thru last night.

Temps dropped to about 50F, a high of only in the low 70'sF, burrr....;)

yeah, yeah Scott, one winter I went on a (4 month) course in Jacksonville many moons ago now, the weather was better than the average Dutch summer :thumbup: but I will add that I can handle cold much better than heat, so I was pleased it was not summer ;)

cca 1 meter and still falling :D

so you have roads like this one (I took from facebook) ;)

481207_10151336112263695_102829841_n.jpg

BTW for you guys in the UK who are still riding in the winter Maplins has a special offer on heated vests (for only 20 pounds), which still runs for a few more days :thumbup:

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The picture above looks like the road to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood in Oregon. I know it's not but I was up there skiing a few weeks ago and it was pretty much the same. Kind of cool driving down a road with 15' of snow piled up in a open tunnel of sorts. I drive my cage when it's weather like you guys are having. I know i'm a wussey! LOL. No heated gear. That's what a cage is for anyway. :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again, a new record low for me as far as riding. It was 1 degree F or -17 C when I left for work this morning, on my bike.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And I thought I was mad riding in -5c the other night, had to put the heated gloves to 3/4 power! :D

My heated gear is at full power. I have my bike running at 4-5000 rpms while I'm stopped at the intersection to keep the heat going. The heat tends to taper off when it goes to an idle.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes Kenny! That is COLD!

We're supposed to hit 65 tomorrow. I'm going riding with a local group. Should be fun. :thumbup:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
My heated gear is at full power. I have my bike running at 4-5000 rpms while I'm stopped at the intersection to keep the heat going. The heat tends to taper off when it goes to an idle.

Yeah mine does the same, made the mistake when I first had them, left them on full power around town, then got to a open bit and gave it the beans and suddenly found my hands were burning hot lol

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So here's my bike warming up this morning when the temperture was at 1 F or -17 C.

I only have to negotiate that not so great surface conditions throughout the complex and one or two blocks worth of side street. Major roads are clear. But trying to get to certain business including parking, getting fuel can be bit challenging.

We have had snow since Christmas, it has not melted due to the weather inversion. They said it's the coldest January ever recorded, figures, my first winter here.

P1020217.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Again, Kenny, how do you keep your faceshield from frosting over? I can't ride below 26 F.... :confused:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Again, Kenny, how do you keep your faceshield from frosting over? I can't ride below 26 F.... :confused:

Since wearing a helmet is an option here in this state, I decided to ditch the helmet so there is no faceshield.

Joking of course. I have looked into getting a helmet with a heated shield, similar to snowmobile helmets. I have also tried my motocross helmet using goggles, but that fogged up. You are correct, once that shield begins to fog up, it turns to frost and becomes useless and you have to ride with the shield up.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So here's my bike warming up this morning when the temperture was at 1 F or -17 C.

I only have to negotiate that not so great surface conditions throughout the complex and one or two blocks worth of side street. Major roads are clear. But trying to get to certain business including parking, getting fuel can be bit challenging.

We have had snow since Christmas, it has not melted due to the weather inversion. They said it's the coldest January ever recorded, figures, my first winter here.

P1020217.jpg

Geez Kenny! I rode to my nephews to help my brother on a project. It had to be close to 80 where I worked. Today I decided to commute with the bike for the 150 mile round trip. :)

You are a trooper brother Ken! :rockon: