Windshield, taller or shorter than stock?

playbygolf

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently figured out that with the stock windshield, there is a lot of turbulence created around my helmet. When I stood up on the pegs at speed (65mph+) I noticed that the wind noise was drastically lowered as air flowed normally around the helmet. So, as an experiment, I took off the windscreen and rode to work. Drastically different in the following ways:

massively more airflow to the upper body which is fantastic for the summer.
A lot less wind noise as the buffeting caused by the windscreen has been eliminated.
However, the change will cause more fatigue riding longer distances at higher speeds, but for tooling around, I find non-windscreen to be better.

Now the question, can I find a smaller windscreen than the Puig? Do they have a flush mounting windscreen for the FZ6? This would also clean up the look of the front of the bike too.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
some guys on here have cut their stock windscreen, but I have bought the Puig racing screen which is a bit bigger than the '07 stock screen, and it did wonders for me (I'm 6'3)

I'm not ever going naked, as I ride long distances at 90-100 mph.

playbygolf

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2005, so my guess would be either cut it or get a custom one fit, but I bet that's some $$:(. I'll do some digging and get back to you guys.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been searching around the forum here for a windscreen that is smaller than the stock one. Looks like all I have found so far is that there aren't any? Don't really want to mess with cutting mine, I am bound to screw it up.

yamahaha

that guy is fast
Reaction score
Visit site
i got a tall amaha screen for sale for 65 bucks. its in the f/s forum and listed with my bike under "beast + mods" thread

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, but I am looking for a shorter one than stock.

If you keep your eyes open, you can sometimes find stock screens being sold cheep. Then you would have a blank to cut and if you screw it up, it's only $20 to $40 lost, still have your original.