MasterOfPupets

Reaction score
Visit site
So i've been playing around a lot with the windscreen on my 06 FZ6.

I've tried all I can think of going smaller. Everything from cutting down a stock shield, to taking the stock shield off completely and it's still causing me buffetting issues at any height.

I figure since I've tried smaller, I might as well give taller a shot. Really interested in the X-CREEN since it allows me to adjust height and angle to find what works best.

Does anyone here have any experience with the X-CREEN.

Big thing I'm interested in is Sport vs. Touring, and Clamp vs. Bolt-on.

Has anyone put one on their bike? Did you like the results? How is the look?

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really interesting with x-creen touring. Everybody says it's far supperior than any aftermarket screens for buffeting and wind noise, but none of them were fz6 riders.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is the MRA touring screen. I love it, I feel it's the best of both worlds. Around town I leave it down, on the highway it goes up. Anything over 80 I still need to tuck down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasterOfPupets

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh. Unfortunately MRA doesn't make a screen for the s1. I'm thinking of putting the add on spoiler on the stock screen

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is the MRA touring screen. I love it, I feel it's the best of both worlds. Around town I leave it down, on the highway it goes up. Anything over 80 I still need to tuck down a little.

If I'm not wrong, your screen is a set. We're talking about x-creen, which is an add-on to oem screen. It's pretty big than yours, too.Thanks for input, questions are gone in my mind. :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right, mine came that way. You can add the spoiler if you have a stock screen.

MasterOfPupets

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an update. I went ahead and bought the X-Creen Tour. Installed it today. Aside from my own idiocy, it seams to work great. Much less wind noise, and zero buffeting while riding or head-checking at highway speeds. Still fine tuning the angle on it. Only thing bad I've noticed is a very noticeable lack of air flow in the helmet now. Understandable since not much air is hitting my head anymore, but I wasn't expecting the drop in airflow to be so noticeable. That, and I'm horrible at lining things up and now have 4 extra holes in my stock screen since I did it so far off center the first time.

All in all, I'm very happy with it. Only driven like 35 miles on it so far though. Now I just need to find a cheap stock screen to replace my swiss-cheese screen.

MasterOfPupets

Reaction score
Visit site
Pics:

8976479dae16f1757a0c09db9fc40f05.jpg

5441bb9b11c776d5470478ec79c113e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for update. Now it's time to buy another one for me :)

My bike's screen is smoke colored (bike's color is bluish silver a.k.a. "silver storm") would I prefer clear mra xcreen or dark colored xcreen?

X%20CREEN.jpg

Last edited:

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I please have an update on the x-creen? I am thinking about getting one. I need something that helps at highway speeds up to 90mph. I get so much turbulence makes me not want to ride. Anything above 60 mph my head starts shacking and the wind noise is unbearable even with air plugs. Thanks