windshield repair

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I am a new FZ6 owner, and this is my first Motorcycle. While getting all of the stickers off the bike I accidently grabbed the rag with the Goof Off on it an wiped the windshield. If any of you have ever done this you know that my windshild is now screwed. Does anyone know of a mirror covering or laminant that I can put over it? If not, any Idea what a replacement would cost and a web site where I could buy one without paying the Yamaha price for it?

Thanks for the Help

Todd08

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the site. Don't feel too bad, I did the same thing. You can find my exact same post and questions on the link below. I think that all of your questions can be answered on that thread. You can also find most of your questions answered by utilizing the search tab located above. It's a nice feature to have which is only availabe once you've become a member. I use it all the time. Sorry to say, but I think you're windscreen is toast. If it's the stock screen, you're better off getting a better one anyway. It was a good excuse for me to purchase the PUIG Light Smoke windscreen. It looks much better on the bike and it's a tad bit taller. And if you want to do more research regarding the PUIG windscreen, hit the search tab as there are several threads on this particular screen too.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/693-sticker-removal-2.html

jetfz'r

Reaction score
Visit site
Look on ebay, there are a few windshields for sale for the FZ6. Here is what I found: eBay - Compare Items
Good luck & welcome to the forum...enjoy your new ride!:thumbup:

Sorry, the link did not go back to the screen I was looking at. Just go to ebay and search FZ6 windshield in parts and accessories.

Last edited: