Wind deflector for legs/ knees

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know any cheap or DIY wind deflector for the legs/ Knees?
My favorite deflector is to expensive GTR 1400 :spank: (maybe some day)

I already inquire some companies about "fairing lowers" but their also a bit expensive for now.

I thought It may be possible to add some kind of deflector attached at the radiator side bolts. Do you know if something like that exist's or have any Ideas?

In the summer I wear a neopreme knee protection because the pants are too hot, but even so I noticed my knees hurt a bit because of the wind.

Thank you!

P.S. Sorry about the GTR....

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike being at least semi naked is about as cool as your going to get.

When its really hot, and I feel my legs getting too warm for comfort, I just angle them out a little and it scoops up fresh, slightly (ambient temp) cooler air while underway..

BTW, that Kawasaki, you WILL FEEL MUCH more heat (on your legs) on that bike than your currently feeling now...
Two of my friends each had one, I had to put a heat reducer kit on the one (first generation), basically a foam insert to block engine heat from escaping towards the rider. The newer ones have the foam in there now.. Also, a major PIA for any major service work...

Last edited:

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike being at least semi naked is about as cool as your going to get.

When its really hot, and I feel my legs getting too warm for comfort, I just angle them out a little and it scoops up fresh, slightly (ambient temp) cooler air while underway..

BTW, that Kawasaki, you WILL FEEL MUCH more heat (on your legs) on that bike than your currently feeling now...
Two of my friends each had one, I had to put a heat reducer kit on the one (first generation), basically a foam insert to block engine heat from escaping towards the rider. The newer ones have the foam in there now.. Also, a major PIA for any major service work...

Thank for your reply but I think I express me wrong, the "deflector" I mention it's something to redirect the wind and avoid it to hit my knees. Even with my knee neoprene protections I feel a bit soreness and I deduce its because of the wind hitting them! The heat, we have to deal with it!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank for your reply but I think I express me wrong, the "deflector" I mention it's something to redirect the wind and avoid it to hit my knees. Even with my knee neoprene protections I feel a bit soreness and I deduce its because of the wind hitting them! The heat, we have to deal with it!

Maybe get proper knee protections, i can't see neoprene helping much in case of a fall, if it did we would all ride in diving suits!

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
The only side fairings I know that are made for the Fz is from Powerbronze. I do not know how good they are a deflecting wind from the knee though.

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
The only side fairings I know that are made for the Fz is from Powerbronze. I do not know how good they are a deflecting wind from the knee though.

I inquired them and a couple of other companies that produce those fairings but they're a bit expensive for what I can afford right now.
The problem is that I dress the motorcycle cloth over my suit, and in the summer the motorcycle pants over the suit pants are very hot! Never found a fresh summer pants to wear over the suit!

JKJ-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a pair of these quarter chaps at a motorcycle show, and they're great! They're not so bulky and clumsy as chaps but they keep the rain and cold wind off my legs. They're easy to get on and off and they're easy to stow when I'm not wearing them.

301 Moved Permanently

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found these Lol!

fn66244-steampunk-spats-mens.jpg