looking for some cheap leg protection

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
hey ladies and gents.

one area i lack in protection is for my legs. i'm one of those "jeans only" sorta guys. i know it's not the best, but it's a gamble i take. i'm in the process of dropping some pounds and once i get to my desired weight i plan on getting a good set of pants. but i don't really want to drop much cash into something i won't wear for long.

so what am i looking for?

i'm going to be taking a week long trip this summer up through the northeast. being that i'll be traveling more than i normally do... and on roads i'm not familiar with... i figured it might not be bad to see if there's some cheap "stopgap" options out there. i was thinking of maybe some knee/shin guards and some sort of armor shorts. it's not a full set of leathers, but it's better than jeans. any suggestions on this front?

thanks.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking at an economical alternative to wearing my leathers when I'm doing short jaunts to the store etc.
I have some Icon knee and shin guards but also want abrasion resistance that normal jeans don't supply so I'm looking at Kevlar type jeans. They have Kevlar reinforcement in key areas like your butt, knees and the side of your thighs.
Ultimately I would like to get the GP-2 pants from Motoport but I'm not ready to spend that kind of moola yet.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Protection isn't cheap, I got the mesh kevlar over pants from motoport. I haven't tested them yet, and I don't plan on it. Vegas tested his and they came out ok.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Protection isn't cheap, I got the mesh kevlar over pants from motoport. I haven't tested them yet, and I don't plan on it. Vegas tested his and they came out ok.

I've seen the Motoport jacket and pants tested and they're really great.
Black top doesn't scare me as much as the concrete we have on the freeways here. It has rain grooves.:eek: