I am keeping my FZ6:thumbup:

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Marc

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ride, i toured Europe with a Kiwi who was riding one of those, way back in the late 80's...great bike's, bulletproof, and if i remember correctly, surprisingly quick back in the day.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I have and have had several airheads but have always been looking for a good R100RS. It is icing on the cake that I found 1 of 250 Last edition bikes in good shape.

It was not cheap for a 27 year old bike but is was cheap for an RS.

It comes with both seats and a brand new stock exhaust. I have never heard a super crap exhaust system on a beemer before so that could be interesting.

I will fix it up and put it back to 100% stock and ride the heck out of it.

I have other things to play cafe bike on. :rolleyes:

GB001.jpg

BTW: it is an 1984

Marc

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I see you have an old Chev in the drive too! Looks pretty nice! Funny the pre 65s were dubbed "bull legged road oilers". . .

I had 65 with the 140hp (ya time for a laugh) 165c.i. with four one barrel Rochester carbs making 140hp! From age 15 to 23 I drove a vair! Good little cars in the right hands! :thumbup:

I have no complaints - You kept the FZ!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 Two great bikes in the photos... I'd love to have them myself... They're works of art...:rockon:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Not banned........ just certified and carted off... what an ugly bike- I always thought so and they dont get any better... well thats just IMHO

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Not banned........ just certified and carted off... what an ugly bike- I always thought so and they dont get any better... well thats just IMHO

Wow, troll much?

Can't just be happy for a forum member who is excited about something? I highly encourage and practice various forms of trolling, but being a douche is a bit over the top.

Try not trolling, "I've never been a fan, but it's awesome you found one in such great shape!"

Or thread derailing, "That reminds me of that one time I wheelied and dumped it in the ditch. How do you properly wheelie? I really, really need some help cause I have to go ride with my friends again and I don't want to dump it in front of them."

Or you could just post a smiley by itself. :spank:

Or the ever popular, "I own a horse."

But being mean is not funny to anyone but you, and shows you have a true lack of imagination, talent, and a sense of humor. It is a disgrace to the art form known as trolling.

Good day to you sir.

BTW to the OP, I never was a fan of 80's styling, but it does look to be in awesome shape. And I'm a sucker for classic rebuilds. How much work do you have to get it all back to stock? I love tearing old cars apart and fixing them up. Only have money for one hobby at a time right now though, so I kept the bike and sold the classic cars. :(

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck no! I love the old airheads, the new ones I'll take a pass.

I love the GB500 too, such classic lines. I tired to find one a couple of years ago and man were they expensive!

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
The tear down has started. All the major thing are in great shape but there are a lot of little things to do.

Parts are on order and then things can start to go back together. :thumbup:

It looks a little sad sitting all naked and with no feet.

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

See there is an FZ6 in the background of the second picture. :scared:

I know that some love the old bikes, like me, and some are into the modern bikes. I like a little of both.

Here are the last two restorations I did.

74 Norton commando.

P1230001.jpg

1942 Harley Davidson.

after16.jpg

Marc

Last edited:

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot about this old thread.

Here is what came out of a few weeks work. I have put many miles on it and it is the BESTest airhead I have ever owned. :thumbup:

P9250005.jpg

P8070002.jpg

Marc

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahem. And now to continue my post about types of trolling, I present the grammar nazi troll.

I forgot about it too:BLAA:

You're bike came out spectacular!!!!!!

Your*

"You're" is a contraction of "You are". So you said "You are bike came out spectacular!!!!!!"

:scared:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, troll much?

Can't just be happy for a forum member who is excited about something? I highly encourage and practice various forms of trolling, but being a douche is a bit over the top.

Try not trolling, "I've never been a fan, but it's awesome you found one in such great shape!"

Or thread derailing, "That reminds me of that one time I wheelied and dumped it in the ditch. How do you properly wheelie? I really, really need some help cause I have to go ride with my friends again and I don't want to dump it in front of them."

Or you could just post a smiley by itself. :spank:

Or the ever popular, "I own a horse."

But being mean is not funny to anyone but you, and shows you have a true lack of imagination, talent, and a sense of humor. It is a disgrace to the art form known as trolling.

Good day to you sir.

BTW to the OP, I never was a fan of 80's styling, but it does look to be in awesome shape. And I'm a sucker for classic rebuilds. How much work do you have to get it all back to stock? I love tearing old cars apart and fixing them up. Only have money for one hobby at a time right now though, so I kept the bike and sold the classic cars. :(

:Flip::spank::rolleyes: