Wild Hogs

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to laugh! Did anyone see this movie? I just saw it yesterday and the wife said to me "come on..., you want to do that, don't you?". I've never done a group ride road trip that even takes me out of a 60 mile radius. Come on you guys, is the movie factual or all Hollywood buff? :D

wild_hogs.JPG

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw it and thought that it was funny. I've never gone on a motorcycle group ride, but I did go on several bicycle group rides. Athough we never encountered a renagade bicycle gang and never got into a fight, the meeting and talking to nice people and good time with friends was common.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I also saw it - thought it was ok funny. Basically a buddy, road-trip movie in which they happen to be on bikes instead of a motorcycle movie IMO though.

Last edited:

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
have done this sort of think at least 3 times not counting the bike rallies i have attended or the weekly ride outs some of which are 300 milers.
It is a funny movie but its not a bike movie it is as already posted 4 guys on a road trip that happen to be on HD's and run into a stereo typical image of an outlaw motorcycle gang, mind that is what makes it even funnier:Sport:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
John Travolta lives in my town.... so it got lots of publicity here...

He is actually a pretty laid back guy....

----------
as to the movie.... FUNNY.....
---------------

as to road trips with the guys... they are GREAT.. I do two a year of 1,000 miles plus. Leaving on one in 3 days

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Certainly worth renting! Longest road trip was only two days with my father who also has a MC... our trip was good no MC gangs or fights.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I plan to rent or download it eventually...not the type of movie I'd see in a theater though. I can barely deal with the Harley riders around my tourist destination down. THe reality is that 99% of Harley riders today are total posers, and a movie based on the HD image shouldn't deserve more than $1-2 from my pocket.

W

wrightme43

I plan to rent or download it eventually...not the type of movie I'd see in a theater though. I can barely deal with the Harley riders around my tourist destination down. THe reality is that 99% of Harley riders today are total posers, and a movie based on the HD image shouldn't deserve more than $1-2 from my pocket.

We had the Harley Drags here in town this weekend. I am so freaking tired of hearing some assholes open pipes from inside my house, or inside a store, or inside my car.
Loud pipes make me want to run them off the road and kill them, and I ride a bike and like bikes.

All you got for waving at other riders was a sneer from some dumbass. I swear if I see a harley broke down, I am just going to ride, or drive by.

S

sportrider

note to self ....make sure the electraglide is well serviced before any rides in Kentucky

second note to self --practice sneer

-----:p
LOL!!!

that movie is so worth seeing!!! I was laughing most of the way through it. a pretty good buddy flick.

W

wrightme43

Sorry Mike I am think I am fed up with it this weekend has been nothing but nonstop obnoxiousness.
I am sure there are nice Harley riders. They probley just dont register because they dont annoy the hell out of everyone around them, they probley wave, and I just think they are riding a import cruiser.

I stopped to give some lost ones directions, helped them out, and still got attitude from them. They we saying Hey man hope we didnt scare you and your girl. Were real nice guys. Ha ha haha ha. WTF over? I am not scared of a bunch of people that got the whole I am a badass action set. Catch me asshat.

I watched one almost wreck turning around in three lanes, still rode up into a drive way to finish the turn.

I will shut up now.

The movie was OK I have it sitting, watched it once.

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure there are nice Harley riders. They probley just dont register because they dont annoy the hell out of everyone around them, they probley wave, and I just think they are riding a import cruiser.

I stopped to give some lost ones directions, helped them out, and still got attitude from them. They we saying Hey man hope we didnt scare you and your girl. Were real nice guys. Ha ha haha ha. WTF over? I am not scared of a bunch of people that got the whole I am a badass action set. Catch me asshat.

I watched one almost wreck turning around in three lanes, still rode up into a drive way to finish the turn.

I will shut up now.

I only takes a few to scar the many and i know what you mean about posers collected my Softail this weekend so the wife can ride with me in comfort as she is disabled, otherwise i would still have my sportster, the real bikers at the dealership understood why i had bought it but the posers insisted i join HOG err how many times do i have to say NO, and the attitude i got after saying no wanted me to hand the thing back whats up with that????? - i have yet to put the open pipes on it but will fitting quiet versions with nice quiet baffles so it will rumble but not be annoying - i have one of those in the form of my Hot rodded Vstar and i have to wear plugs to ride that bad boy :rockon:(it will beat 90% 600's on the road in a straight line:thumbup:)
if they want the bad ais biker image i let them as i know its all fake and if i want bad ais i know were to find it but i just enjoy riding the bikes i own.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Took a ride out yesterday & passed through Stratford on Avon. Lots of bikers tend to gather there (next to the theatre as it happens) normally I wouldn't bother to stop, but there was a street market & fair on, so I pulled in. Wish I'd taken my camera, there were some awesome bikes there.

Anyway to get to the point there were quite a few HD's there. But the guys who owned them were just like me; Old farts with kids, mortgages, regular jobs. Hell, you gotta have a good job to buy a Harley over here.

And here's the but, the other guys who were on Yammie's, Suzi's, Ducati's (Saw a beautiful 1098, but the engine was rattling like a bag of spanners) would chat & exchange pleasantries about their bike, your bike, what they were going to buy next, about the journey, where you get get good chips & a cup of tea. The HD guys were aloof & seperate, kept themselves to themselves & ened up talking to the inane tourists!

As I left I stopped to let a HD out in front of me, as I did so smiled & nodded - The guy looked at me like I was something he's stepped in. Well, Bo**ocks to 'em that's what I say. I shall still acknowledge any biker I meet on the road, they wish to be aloof - their problem not mine! :Sport:

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
the rattle is the dry clutch - its awful aint it that much for a bike that sounds that rough :)
if you ever see me on the road with the wife i will be on a big black Heritage (sporty has gone) i'm the one nodding to all bikes - neck hurts after a bit so i just wave :)

Last edited:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
Sorry Mike I am think I am fed up with it this weekend has been nothing but nonstop obnoxiousness.

no worries Wrightme...:thumbup:

there are some from every Genre that can be irritating and maybe a few extra from the HD set .

during bike week here in FL ---- I hardly ever wave.... hey ya got to shift sometime
:p

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How did this thread get into HD bashing, it was about a movie not the gedre. I laughed all the way through the movie and thought it was a feel good. We all have our opinions on HD's this was about a comical movie.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
never seen a group o experienced 'bikers' drop so many bikes in so short a time. was pretty funny tho

not only drop them but get up and ride them like nothing happend....

still funny

and this is not a HARLEY bashing thread....

I have both a harley and a FZ6 and a good sense of humor...

Wrightme had a funky weekend with harley's --- no harm no foul.....

we are cool....

that is the nice thing about the FZ6 forum --- we play nice here