Why New Password?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know why, but all of a sudden, after years of membership and never changing my password, the forum is prompting me that my password is 180 something days old and that I need to change it.

Is there some new security policy around here and has anyone else been prompted to do the same?

Rob

I was prompted to change mine few months ago. There was a thread about it where a bunch of people chimed in about getting the same prompt :don'tknow:

I was prompted to change mine few months ago. There was a thread about it where a bunch of people chimed in about getting the same prompt :don'tknow:

Just weird after 3+ years of membership with the same password to suddenly need to be changing them. We do the same thing at work and it's super annoying.

Confirmed. A few months ago Admin had members changing passwords to help increase security.....

Confirmed. A few months ago Admin had members changing passwords to help increase security.....

This is completely ignorant.

I believe this practice is WELL worth it, and encouraged in other settings. Such as an enterprise setting at work, sensitive personal information, financial information, etc...

But a small motorcycle forum? No. It's annoying and completely unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Please remove your shoes and step through the metal detector before attempting to read the forum! :BLAA:

I'm not sure how strict the password policy is, but chances are you can change your password back to what it originally was (I haven't tried this here.. *tight* systems usually won't allow password reuse).

But a small motorcycle forum? No. It's annoying and completely unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Oh come on.. it's just a password change. Sure it's probably not necessary, but it's not THAT annoying. I think we'll all make it through this :thumbup:

Oh come on.. it's just a password change. Sure it's probably not necessary, but it's not THAT annoying. I think we'll all make it through this :thumbup:

Meh, When I have a half dozen forums I visit daily... and another half dozen I visit on occasion... all with the same password, it does get old when I enter the wrong password here... :(

Meh, When I have a half dozen forums I visit daily... and another half dozen I visit on occasion... all with the same password, it does get old when I enter the wrong password here... :(

Agreed. I just changed my password to my old one. Everyone else should be able to do the same. :thumbup:

So.. if original pwd was "1". Change to "2" and then change back to "1". Easy enough.

Agreed. I just changed my password to my old one. Everyone else should be able to do the same. :thumbup:

So.. if original pwd was "1". Change to "2" and then change back to "1". Easy enough.

Haha awesome! Thanks bro... love the loops holes

Back