Why New Password?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know why, but all of a sudden, after years of membership and never changing my password, the forum is prompting me that my password is 180 something days old and that I need to change it.

Is there some new security policy around here and has anyone else been prompted to do the same?

Rob

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was prompted to change mine few months ago. There was a thread about it where a bunch of people chimed in about getting the same prompt :don'tknow:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I was prompted to change mine few months ago. There was a thread about it where a bunch of people chimed in about getting the same prompt :don'tknow:

Just weird after 3+ years of membership with the same password to suddenly need to be changing them. We do the same thing at work and it's super annoying.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Confirmed. A few months ago Admin had members changing passwords to help increase security.....

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Confirmed. A few months ago Admin had members changing passwords to help increase security.....

This is completely ignorant.

I believe this practice is WELL worth it, and encouraged in other settings. Such as an enterprise setting at work, sensitive personal information, financial information, etc...

But a small motorcycle forum? No. It's annoying and completely unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Please remove your shoes and step through the metal detector before attempting to read the forum! :BLAA:

I'm not sure how strict the password policy is, but chances are you can change your password back to what it originally was (I haven't tried this here.. *tight* systems usually won't allow password reuse).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But a small motorcycle forum? No. It's annoying and completely unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Oh come on.. it's just a password change. Sure it's probably not necessary, but it's not THAT annoying. I think we'll all make it through this :thumbup:

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh come on.. it's just a password change. Sure it's probably not necessary, but it's not THAT annoying. I think we'll all make it through this :thumbup:

Meh, When I have a half dozen forums I visit daily... and another half dozen I visit on occasion... all with the same password, it does get old when I enter the wrong password here... :(

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Meh, When I have a half dozen forums I visit daily... and another half dozen I visit on occasion... all with the same password, it does get old when I enter the wrong password here... :(

Agreed. I just changed my password to my old one. Everyone else should be able to do the same. :thumbup:

So.. if original pwd was "1". Change to "2" and then change back to "1". Easy enough.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. I just changed my password to my old one. Everyone else should be able to do the same. :thumbup:

So.. if original pwd was "1". Change to "2" and then change back to "1". Easy enough.

Haha awesome! Thanks bro... love the loops holes