Why is some people Getting rid of their FZ6?

Why are people getting rid of their Bikes?

• Dont Like the Design anymore

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Wreck/Totaled

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I want More Power

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Aggression

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Poll needs "other" option. I'm not getting rid of mine just yet, but there is one thing that will eventually make me get something else: vibration.
I find my hands get sore if I ride for more than about 45 minutes without stopping.
I've ridden quite a few other bikes and I've found that some have pretty much NO vibration at the bar/foot pegs.
Pros and cons though.. the "vibration-free" bikes are all heavier, bigger displacement (which means higher insurance rate) and will eat more gas.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, not getting rid of mine any time soon either!

However, next year, once the bike and car are both paid off, I'm seriously thinking of picking up a 2nd bike to keep alongside the old girl. Maybe something with a bit more of a touring mode...or heck, I might go the complete opposite direction and do the motard thing! Who knows?

One thing's for sure, I'm keeping my beloved FZ until the damned wheels fall off...LOL. (Hopefully I won't actually be ON it when that occurs!)

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not getting rid of my FZ6 any time soon. However, my 5 year plan might include an upgrade to a liter class bike. Probably a FZ1 or similar ride. I have to admit the Triumph 675 triples have an amazing sound that might pull me in the direction of a Street Triple or possibly even a Daytona.

Last edited:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didnt think the post needed the option "Im not" because I figure people would be to busy bragging about keeping their bikes through the posts :D What's done is done.:rolleyes:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
After totaling my FZ I just wanted to try something else. I wanna own/ride/experience as many bikes as I can :)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
To try something different... there are lots of awesome bikes out there and I'd love to try them all...

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, this thread rouses my ire on a certain subject....

There are people in this forum that bought FZ6's and expect them to perform as long-range tourning bikes, only to be disappointed that the FZ6 does not perform like a long-range tourer. Then, they get angry at the poor FZ6, deeming it as inadequate.

Um, seriously, that's like getting angry at a screwdriver because it can't pound nails into a wall.

News Flash: The FZ6 is NOT a long-range touring bike. It is much closer to a sportbike than a tourer. And please, don't throw the ill-thought, post-modern, BS argument that the "FZ6 can be anything you want it to be." The FZ6 was designed with a certain purpose in mind - it's a middleweight with middleweight capabilities.

That is all...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At 45,000 miles, my bike is still going strong.

Didin't you hear, once you hit 100,000 as the original owner, Yamaha will let you trade in the bike for anything on the floor.

PcH

FZ6 n00b
Reaction score
Visit site

There are people in this forum that bought FZ6's and expect them to perform as long-range tourning bikes, only to be disappointed that the FZ6 does not perform like a long-range tourer. Then, they get angry at the poor FZ6, deeming it as inadequate.

Um, seriously, that's like getting angry at a screwdriver because it can't pound nails into a wall.

News Flash: The FZ6 is NOT a long-range touring bike. It is much closer to a sportbike than a tourer. And please, don't throw the ill-thought, post-modern, BS argument that the "FZ6 can be anything you want it to be." The FZ6 was designed with a certain purpose in mind - it's a middleweight with middleweight capabilities.

That is all...

:shakehead:

aaronshum

Reaction score
Visit site
I really enjoy my FZ6, but it being my second bike after a Ninja 500, I kind of want to try a SS at some point in time.

Even though the FZ is more ideal for my main use for the bike (commuting), I still think I will cave in next year and go with a 600 SS. Already been tempted by the notion of a R6/RR or a Triumph Daytona.

Who knows, if I switch to a SS, maybe a couple years after that I'll go back to a FZ6/1 or similar multi-utility bike.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't pick any of the possible answers. The only reason mine is up for sale is because I've been offered one of two bikes I've wanted since I first saw them and I know the owner so I know their history. I never even thought about another bike until these two became available. If mine doesn't sell then I will not be at all disappointed come next year when I am still riding it.

Neilio

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not really actively selling mine but I would if the right offer came along. I love the bike, just want something with a bit more power.

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
I traded mine in on this 06 VFR.

I wanted something that would tour better, and give me the storage. Plus I just love single-sided swingarms. The V4 is an absolutely awesome motor.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site

That is all...

Its a middle weight all rounder.
It does alot of things of the middle weight bikes the best (in its catagory) but obviously that doesn't translate to out of all the bikes available.
I've had no issues with long range touring, no issues with commuting, and no issues with performance.
A few mods certainly helped the bike however, but thats normally true of everything.

I'd also go as far as to say its impossible to beat for its price (comparing new to new) which I invite anyone to dispute.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I've thought about getting something bigger, an FZ1 or R1 or something like that. I've also always thought about getting it as an additional bike, not really as a replacement.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just want to say thanks for all the answers, I honestly didn't think this thread would get that much attention but either way thanks guys again!