Who would you Vote for?

Who would you Vote for if the elections were held today?

• Barak Obama

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • John McCain

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
I am very curious, as of toady (October 9th) who would you vote for?

McCain or Obama?

I do realize that most of you guys are somewhat to the "right" and I may probably get flamed on for giving my support to the Democratic ticket :spank:

So if you'd be so kind, please vote here and give us "one sentence explanation of why?" I hope limiting your responses to one sentence may reduce the chances of a flaming war :eek:

So here we go:
My vote goes to the Obama ticket, I've made my decision after Sarah Palin was selected for the VP position.

Last edited:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
to fuel the fire

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDofbll86dY"]YouTube - KEATING ECONOMICS: John McCain & The Making of a Financial Crisis[/ame]

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
Obama's gonna win... The economy sucks and the repubs are being blamed because they were in power. I have high hopes for Obama!

W

wrightme43

Nobody will get flamed for being for one canidate or the other. Thats not cool. Now posting stupid crap about one canidate or the other will cause some heated discussions. LOL

I am for McCain.

1) McCain was thrown into the prosecution because otherwise the Keating 4 would have been all Democrats
2) He was absolved of all charges
3) The (Democrat) independent prosecutor has stated that McCain should never have been charged in the first place
4) McCain has spent the twenty years leading the charge on reforms, even if he has gone overboard in some instances (e.g., McCain-Feingold)

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
Going to vote for McCain. Not that I think he's a great choice, just a better choice than Obama. Also, having been a career military officer, I appreciate a Commander In Chief how has been there and done that. FWIW, I will NEVER vote for someone that supports the right to abortion.

John

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oooooooooh man...

I'd vote for Obama only because he offends me least. I wish there were more options -- not only in your poll, but in the election, too.

Though my reasons are rarely this simple, I can't vote republican as long as the party is so stridently anti-choice. (zipping up nomex suit...)

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I am launching a 'write-in' campaign. So remember, when you slip into that private booth to vote, it's spelled S C A B.

Thank you for your support.:D

W

wrightme43

Now on the Obamas going to win. It is really really really to close to call that.

All the polls are in the margin of error.
The polls are admitedly wieghted towards the democrat canidate.
The polls have in the past consistently over estimated the % of the vote recieved by the democratic canidate.

In reality it is a dead heat right now.

S

sportrider

Actually, I am launching a 'write-in' campaign. So remember, when you slip into that private booth to vote, it's spelled S C A B.

Thank you for your support.:D
well if were going to have a vote I'll write in myself as well.

VOTE FOR SPORTRIDER
I'm Sportrider and I approved this message

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
then how come in Mccains first debate he told people he wanted further deregulation? he hasn't changed anything... he's a crook and a fraud just like all the other repubs, they want to make their rich buddies more rich and they don't give a rats ass if the middle class moves into the poor sector... He admits himself he sucks at economics, and cool hes a better commander and chief but if he can't take care of his own country then why should we even worry about what he's going to do over seas... I don't mean any harm to any soldiers, you guy's are the reason we are here and able to do this, but I would rather elect a prez that worries more about our county then other countries...

thats my 2cents...

Last edited:

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
well if were going to have a vote I'll write in myself as well.

[SIZE=\"7\"][COLOR=\"Red\"]VOTE FOR SPORTRIDER[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=\"1\"]I'm Sportrider and I approved this message[/SIZE]

Alright, but if I win, no cabinet position for you.:D

W

wrightme43

On the choice subject. I wish there was a middle ground on it as well. The total abolution of abortion is wrong. The total its ok on abortion is wrong as well.

What is totally screwed up is the price of birth control medication and the fact that it is not covered by most insurance. I did the math on it on another forum. 153 million women in the US. 44% are of childbearing age. Thats 67 million women. Birth Control costs 15-30$ a month. Thats 16 billion dollars a year using avg cost of 20$ a month.
We are having about 1.3 million abortions in the US every year. Avg cost of about 550$ Thats only 715 million dollars.

On a per woman basis its cheaper to buy birth control, on a population basis its cheaper to let women pay for thier own birth control, and have 1.3 million abortions a year.

I thought at the time I had a solution. Provide birthcontrol to any woman that wants it. Its actually more expensive. I sure dont have any answers. I do think that the Declaration of Indepence puts it pretty clearly.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I dont think it is fair to end a human life because it is inconvient.

Before anyone says since I am a man put your money where your mouth is.
I have full permanent custody of my niece. (she is 6)
I have had my only child aborted with out being consulted at all.

No flames just opinions and facts.

W

wrightme43

then how come in Mccains first debate he told people he wanted further deregulation? he hasn't changed anything... he's a crook and a fraud just like all the other repubs, they want to make their rich buddies more rich and they don't give a rats ass if the middle class moves into the poor sector... He admits himself he sucks at economics, and cool hes a better commander and chief but if he can't take care of his own country then why should we even worry about what he's going to do over seas... I don't mean any harm to any soldiers, you guy's are the reason we are here and able to do this, but I would rather elect a prez that worries more about our county then other countries...

thats my 2cents...

he's a crook and a fraud just like all the other repubs, they want to make their rich buddies more rich and they don't give a rats ass if the middle class moves into the poor sector...

Do you really want me to respond to this? I can show you where these charges stick a whole lot better to your choosen canidate. Do you know who Rezko is? Obama is a old school chicago machine politician with a new suit. Do you know what a Community Organiser is? Ward Healer?

I am a Repub I am not a crook, or a fraud, I dont have any rich buddies.

Wanna talk about what moves the middle class lower?

Lets try this one. What is the result of a increase in minimum wage? Does it help the lower class or hurt it and the middle class? Study on that one and get back to me.

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
It's not that they are being blamed because they were in power.. it's the central ideology of the Republican party in that they don't believe in a strong central gov't and that helping corporations will in turn help the American economy and trickle down to middle and lower American's. Well too bad de-regulating Corporate America is a horrible idea... they not only care soly for the bottom line (not people) they will cut every corner physically and ethically they can.....

this is just a hard lessoned learned for America... you can't trust anyone... ANYONE

that's why we need checks and balances....... that's why we need Democrats AND Repbulican's.... thats why we need a strong central Gov't that can also be put in it's place when need be..... thats why we need a separation of Church and State, that's why need something new

I don't agree 100% with Obama... but we all know that McCain's policy and background make him the much more horrible choice. Republican ideology is exactly what the US does not need right now.

Time to get our S#@T together

GO USA !!!!! :america::america::america::america:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On the choice subject. I wish there was a middle ground on it as well. The total abolution of abortion is wrong. The total its ok on abortion is wrong as well.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I dont think it is fair to end a human life because it is inconvient.

Before anyone says since I am a man put your money where your mouth is.
I have full permanent custody of my niece. (she is 6)
I have had my only child aborted with out being consulted at all.

No flames just opinions and facts.

Well done. Of course, I've got issues with a good many points but I'm not gonna hi-jack the thread...well, not completely. This is, indeed, yet another of those topics that we find so difficult to have intelligent discussions about in our culture. It all just goes from zero to eleven in the blink of an eye...and the knob just gets stuck.

Until women truly gain an equal footing with men in our culture, legislating what they do with their bodies will remain fair game...

If the argument were about whether we should or shouldn't have pills for erectile dysfunction, and women were the ones who controlled the voting/political apparatus, and they were leaning towards withholding the goods, a fair number of the men-folk would be mighty pissed off...

Yeah, I saw the point about convenience. I don't think that it's ever that simple. Pregnancy is so, so far beyond the realm of comprehension to me. Such a deeply, profound, personal biological, and yes, (remember now, I'm the left-coast hippy atheist ;), spiritual experience, that I can't even begin to see how one could ever reduce the notion of a woman facing and making such a choice, to a matter of convenience.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Obama. I work in Education and the way Republicans have treated the Education system makes me sick.. I can only hope that Obama sticks to his word.

dickieD

Reaction score
Visit site
i voted mccain.. im in the army.. so .. i know we are doing good over there.
and .. a hussien sp' for president.. dont think so.

Oblisk

Reaction score
Visit site
seriously people are docking obama because his middle name is hussain? thats so imature (its the middle age equivalent of making fun of a kid because his name is willie) the level of intelligence in the country is alarmingly low, hm maby that has something to do with the elephants seemed hate for the educational system

(sorry if this post offends anyone i am a "strong" liberal and sometimes my anger for the currents system overcomes my commonsense)