Who was this???

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. that shiny bit of pavement wasn't very sticky, was it? Guy looks to be totally fine and that definitely took place in Russia (where else are you gonna see all those Ladas?)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Because he was wearing the proper proctective gear, he could get up, and pick up all the pieces from the crash. Any other rider who was riding in ordinary jeans would have been carted off in an ambulance.

If this video doesn't change a rider's decsion to start wearing protective gear for their legs, I don't know what will except for the fact that they are willing to risk it all.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
This was posted here several weeks ago (may have been longer). The guy is a forum member, but I honestly don't remember much else about it.

Edit - just noticed it was uploaded Wednesday, might not be the same vid I saw...

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. that shiny bit of pavement wasn't very sticky, was it? Guy looks to be totally fine and that definitely took place in Russia (where else are you gonna see all those Ladas?)

Oil or Diesel spill maybe ?? The dark line/shiney stuff seams to follow the radius of the corner :confused:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I wonder if the shin protector he picked up was actually on his leg or in his luggage? I wear that type of protection and always wonder would it stay on during a crash.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oil or Diesel spill maybe ?? The dark line/shiney stuff seams to follow the radius of the corner :confused:

I'd imagine he was a might bit sore in the weeks ahead. . . Adrenaline does wonders for getting up!

I will say that if you ever suspect diesel and rain mix just pull over as it has to be the worst combo ever. Drove the cage through some after big rig crash on the interstate in the rain and I turn the wheels and the car simply went straight if pushed in the least amount. I found it to be more slippery than black ice!

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, this rider got lucky, because that metal barrier is very dangerous stuff. Last year, a rider died on site because of it. It happened in Moscow again. Watch the full video. There are two parts from two cameras: rear and front ones. They will give you the full picture of an accident:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGa4q5PSbD4"]Мерен Ñ Ð±Ð»Ð°Ñ‚Ð½Ñ‹Ð¼Ð¸ номерами Ñбил наÑмерть мотоцикл¸Ñта. - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This video makes me sick! It's too graphic. A great illustration what a guardrail can do to a rider, but no need to actually show him post mortum.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here they have started using the multiple cable barriers, I always imagine being sliced like a hard boiled egg if I hit one of those (anyone got one of those egg slicers?).

Armco is not ideal but in this installation the fact that the bike can get under it is the dangerous part. Although, bouncing off it into the path of a following vehicle isn't ideal either.