Who Sells Stock Air Filters?

C

CoolATIGuy

Apologies in advance is this is mentioned elsewhere! I've searched the forums and googled, and can't find OEM/Stock Air Filters for sale anywhere...pretty much just K&N, BMC, and BikeMaster.

After reading up, I'd prefer to just go with the stock, standard, disposable, non-washable filter. Where would one get one (and preferably, most inexpensively)?

Thanks!

CoolATIGuy

C

CoolATIGuy

Lifesaver! Not sure why this was so hard to find..

$33.52 shipped. Ordering now. Too many conflicting reports on the more expensive K&N. Noboby seems to complain on the stock filters.

Thanks man!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site

$33.52 shipped. Ordering now. Too many conflicting reports on the more expensive K&N. Noboby seems to complain on the stock filters.

Thanks man!

I just went down to my local Yamaha shop and the guys there I've got a good relationship they give me a discount almost every time around 10%. I think I paid $24 total for mine.

If you want a K&N I have one that came out of my bike before it was totaled. If you pay shipping I can send it to you.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I just went down to my local Yamaha shop and the guys there I've got a good relationship they give me a discount almost every time around 10%. I think I paid $24 total for mine.

If you want a K&N I have one that came out of my bike before it was totaled. If you pay shipping I can send it to you.

interested in your filter if you want to get rid of it, and I assume this will fit an 05, if you have a part # I can check. Let me know :rockon:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
It's true though that in general getting individual parts from your dealer is the cheapest way, as you save on shipping costs. If you're ordering multiple parts, boats.net is the way to go

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
interested in your filter if you want to get rid of it, and I assume this will fit an 05, if you have a part # I can check. Let me know :rockon:

It came out of a '08. Not sure if it will fit as there was a change in generations between those years.

dabobmeister

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks man!

Out of interest - what negative reports have you seen on the K&N's? - I was considering ordering one so just curious.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
For small parts I don't know why anyone wouldn't buy from your local shop. Forge a relationship with the parts guy there and you'll likely get 10-15% off.

End of the day, most things I buy end up being the same price as online (sometimes cheaper), and I get to support a local shop that I like.