White Walls or Plain Tires for Roadie

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am having trouble determining what tires I want to put on my bike. By the end of the summer I will probably need to change my tires and I plan on changing the tires.

These are all the same Bikes and year.

Sample.jpg

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
White walls belong on a 54 Corvette. I never cared for them on bikes.

1954-corvette-13.jpg

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
To me white walls look good on certain bikes. They don't look too bad on yours. I say go for the white walls. Personally I would stay black.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Completely off topic, but how have you transitioned from a sport bike to a cruiser? Do you miss the performance of the FZ6?

Well, I really do like the cruiser, it gets a lot of complements. Performance wise, I tend to drag the floor boards quite a bit, like daily lol. The cruiser will get up and go pretty quick for its mass. Can't stop on a dime for sh** compared to the FZ6. I honestly would of kept both bikes if I had had the money. I did a 300 mile ride over the weekend and was very happy with the handling and comfort. I took off the stock bars and put drag bars on it like my FZ6. The bike rides very smooth, clutch system godly smooth. It hard to compare really, they are 2 different species of bikes.

My FZ6 is in good hands and I still see it riding a round 3-4 times a month. I am happy with my decision and I plan on keeping the cruiser.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of the white walls. With that style bike and particularly those long fenders, I think it caters well to the overall look.