Which tank bag?

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
I am shopping for a tank bag and want to here some advice on whether to use the type that lock to the filler ring or just the magnetic ones? I am not looking to store the kitchen sink in it. I will be adding saddlebags later for trips.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Givi t480 that uses the ring mounted to the tank. It works really good. the size is just right for rain gear and stuff you need on a days ride.

Last edited:

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
It pretty much comes down to whether you want a magnetic bag or not. I like the magnetic bag as it goes on and off easily and doesn't mar the surface. I have a Nelson Rigg bag that I've had for about four years.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with this bag:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...-Master-Super-10-Tank-Bag.aspx?wt.ac=SLI_SERP

I am not a fan of tank bags. They just seem in the way. This one is big enough to hold most odds and ins that I want to put in it that I might need access to (wallet, sunglasses, water bottle, camera, cell phone, pistol, etc) and still not be too horribly big and cumbersome. I have saddlebags and a tail bag for the big stuff, if needed.

And I went with magnet. Easy to get on and off, and hasn't ever marred my paint on either bike it has been on (ninja 250, fz6).

Last edited:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
A magnetic or any other tank bag that makes direct contact with the paint is not a problem if you put it a home and you are not removing it at different dusty places, but if you need to be removing and putting again the bag it will eventually attract some dirt and the tank as well, so it will get scratched.

That is why I moved to the "floating" givi t480 after my tank is full of scratches :spank: :D:D