Which bike week is better?

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I accidentally posted this in the fz6r forums and didn't notice until now. so I am moving it here where I wanted to post it in the first place.

me and a buddy are planning on going to our first bike week in the spring, but he was thinking daytona and i was thinking myrtle... has anyone been to both? which one is better?

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought both had a black bike week. one right after the other but I am not sure.

@motojoe We are planning to pull our bikes down.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, thanks.

I always had the impression that part of the adventure was riding there, I suppose either way would work.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, thanks.

I always had the impression that part of the adventure was riding there, I suppose either way would work.

I absolutely plan to ride! It's 1000 miles from my house. I plan to do that over 2 days. The only real issue.. it's March 9th.. for all I know we could have 3 feet of snow on the ground here :(

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only been a couple of times to the Daytona bikeweek, so I can not compare with other ones.

I know they have races going on and if you're camping you can use the Speedway's infield.

I like the test rides, even though it was only last biketober fest when I was able to get there early to do test rides.

Generally vendors are more HD/cruisers oriented, and towards main street there are loads of bars, it gets VERY crowded over there.

I should be able to take one full day (maybe more) to head there for bike week but most like won't overnight. Mainly I'll be doing test rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
Daytona for sure. It has all the crap of any bike week.plus all the racing at the speedway.All 4 pro classes of road racing and the short track at nite.
Daytona Bike Week is a week later this year.And demo rides.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I absolutely plan to ride! It's 1000 miles from my house. I plan to do that over 2 days. The only real issue.. it's March 9th.. for all I know we could have 3 feet of snow on the ground here :(

Thats the spirit! Hmmmm, may have to plan on going with you. I agree with the snow problem tho!

Are you looking at 2up or solo?

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
My Grand-Pa, then my Dad use to go to Laconia every years. The old man didn't live long enough for me to go with him... :( But I'm seriously considering doing the trip next summer. 3000 miles round trip! My uncle and few cousins are still going every year from Montreal.

By the way... let me know if you guys come to Daytona. I can make the 3 hrs trip for lunch. We had a little 6R get together few weeks ago during Biketoberfest.

Last edited:

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I had no idea about the track nor demo rides. where can I find more information about day's bike week? also where do you guys stay. We are thinking about staying somewhere called Palm Coast. It's suppose to be close but cheaper

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats the spirit! Hmmmm, may have to plan on going with you. I agree with the snow problem tho!

Are you looking at 2up or solo?

Solo. I've got a place to stay in FL too (should have plenty of room for you).

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
I stay in Palm Coast. Just jump on 95 right to the track. You don't even have to get into Daytona were all the Harley nonsense is.

All the demo rides are at the track. Thurs.FRi & Sat are the races. But the weekend has been moved to aweek later than normal. Check it out.