which bike am i riding? please help

daletucker

Reaction score
Visit site
i just bought myself a 2008 FZ6 and i am looking to get parts for it to fix some of the damages done by the previous owner. here comes the problem whenever i look for parts it asks me is it one out of 4 and sometimes 6 different models. how in the world am i supposed to tell that. i looked the VIN up online and all i get is it is a 2008 yamaha FZ6 and it is cheap on insurance. LOL. but other than that WHAT AM I RIDING? any help what so ever would be greatly thanked. like thank you thank you.
oh yea i am new to this world or riding that is why i could not pass up this deal.

2008 FZ6 Black on Black $2000. i would have been dumb not to. besides it's been dropped (the plastics show that) so if i drop it it's not the end of the world.
But please guys help.
I mean all mighty knowing FZ6 gods please rescue me from the questions. thanks.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
i just bought myself a 2008 FZ6 and i am looking to get parts for it to fix some of the damages done by the previous owner. here comes the problem whenever i look for parts it asks me is it one out of 4 and sometimes 6 different models. how in the world am i supposed to tell that. i looked the VIN up online and all i get is it is a 2008 yamaha FZ6 and it is cheap on insurance. LOL. but other than that WHAT AM I RIDING? any help what so ever would be greatly thanked. like thank you thank you.
oh yea i am new to this world or riding that is why i could not pass up this deal.

2008 FZ6 Black on Black $2000. i would have been dumb not to. besides it's been dropped (the plastics show that) so if i drop it it's not the end of the world.
But please guys help.
I mean all mighty knowing FZ6 gods please rescue me from the questions. thanks.
Well you have a fz6 s2, meaning it is second gen. 04-06 is first gen, 07-09 are s2. What are the options that come up when looking?

daletucker

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry, I have no idea what the B and L stand for.

well i thank you anyways:bow:

Update: I just found out info for anyone. The FZS6XB FZ6 is the FZ6 2008 black in color. Break it down it is FZS6 is the bike the X is the year and the B is the color black. The only other options are FZS6XL FZ6 = 2008 Blue
FZS6XBC FZ6 = 2008 black with california emissions FZS6XLC FZ6 = 2008 blue with cali emissions.

Yippee!!!!!

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I ran into this when I was trying to repair my bike awhile back. I just called and asked the bike bandit guys tho, so I didn't think about posting it here. All the owner's manual says is mine is a FZ6-SHG. So those options threw me for a loop.

FZS6XB here!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well i thank you anyways:bow:

Update: I just found out info for anyone. The FZS6XB FZ6 is the FZ6 2008 black in color. Break it down it is FZS6 is the bike the X is the year and the B is the color black. The only other options are FZS6XL FZ6 = 2008 Blue
FZS6XBC FZ6 = 2008 black with california emissions FZS6XLC FZ6 = 2008 blue with cali emissions.

Yippee!!!!!

Funny the letter L is used as the color blue in their wiring service diagrams.

Here's a handy site with pictorial breakdowns... Ronayers.com Ron Ayers Motorsports