Where to tap into blinker circuit for alarm?

Shodan

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, I've got an alarm system for my bike that should be wired up to the blinker signals.
The alarm has (among other) two yellow wires coming out of it, which should be connected to the dark green, and brown blinker wires (as shown on www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~aky/Bikes/Manuals/Service/FZ6/FZ6 electrical.pdf).

The question is - Where it the best place to tap into these wires?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, I've got an alarm system for my bike that should be wired up to the blinker signals.
The alarm has (among other) two yellow wires coming out of it, which should be connected to the dark green, and brown blinker wires (as shown on www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~aky/Bikes/Manuals/Service/FZ6/FZ6 electrical.pdf).

The question is - Where it the best place to tap into these wires?

If I remember correctly, under the left side plastic pod there are wires that run to the directionals. They should be the colors you mentioned.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get the male and female 3 pin connector (connector like this is in your fairing), you do NOT have to chop up the OEM harness. Just patch in your alarm to the paired connectors. It is time and expense but I prefer RELIABILITY over cost and time.
No splice option, Link: Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Connectors, 3-Wire (pair) – Custom LED

In short, I hate and will never use "Scotchlocks" as they are known to damage the original wire. So look below and think in terms of Least Reliable to Most Reliable. And note that OEM does not solder many connections as soldered wires coupled with vibration leads to brittle fractures. Crimp connectors with heat shrink wrap are best for long term reliability. Some parts and links can be found here: Where you found Electrical Parts

LEAST Favorable/Desirable are top 2
Better is Positap, 2nd from bottom, best is splice free Bottom:
attachment.php

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure you insulate them after using the t-taps.
I still had to do something under the tank, So, I've neglected the insulation part, and went for a bike wash. For few mins the signals didn't work, and it's been a day the bike is sitting under the sun, the alarm doesn't produce enough output in sound as it gave before.
So, make sure you put the device in a safe plastic wrap.
Go Luck.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: