Where to find these parts..?

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I've got an idea in my head of what I want to (over time) transform my FZ6 into :) (Good news is, I'm going naked!)

So the plan for the front is to go with the new Triumph Speed triple headlights and flyscreen. Much like this:
2013-Triumph-Speed-Triple-R-Dark-09.jpg

I would probably do an HID retrofit if possible/plausible.

I'm also looking at integrating the radiator side covers with the turn signals (either by LED strips, or something like that.) But I can take care of that via autozone.

Other thoughts are: Belly pan (Anyone know what kind looks sleekest, for a good price?) TCP Seat cowl (where can I get it for the cheapest?) Red Reflective Rim Tape (Found some on amazon), and an integrated tail light. (Best solution for this?)

I'm looking at doing an "offset racing stripe" using red plasti-dip on the since my bike is black. It would likely go from front fender, up on the speed triple fly screen, to the tank, onto the seat cowl, and end at the brake light. Much like this, only red on black:
Stealth_Auto_Hood_or_Trunk_or_Roof_Racing_Stripes_For_BMW__These_7_styles_were_designed_to_be_offset_stripes_but_can_be_used_down_the_center__elements_producthtm_showcase_HST_ML_010jpg_0529d98c.jpg

Edit: I'm also looking at going to clip-ons when I do this. I've heard it's better to have them with the naked bike than with the faired. But I need some advice on which ones to do. I'm hopefully going to do an R6r fork conversion as well...

Mirrors are something I'll get to eventually as well... oi, so much stuff I want to do!

I would appreciate any and all help, as well as feedback! Thanks! :)

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
if i remember correctly which i prob don't, im sure people use the CBX super blackbird clip ons? im sure i seen them floating around the for sale section, again i might be making all this up

I look forward to the creation sounds awesome

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got some answers.

As far as HID retrofitting, you'll need at least 4'' of depth in the headlight, assuming that you don't want to do a lot of cutting, so I have no idea about the depth of the triumph headlights, but I'm leaning towards the guess that those are too small. I got my kit from The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications , still waiting on it to come or I'd have some pictures. There's a couple of guys on the forums who do retrofits and do great work.

As for clip ons - My bike is now naked, I just fitted some 43mm clip ons last night. They fit great and I have no problem going lock to lock. I went with the Danmoto adjustable ones, but any 43mm clip on will fit. Also I'm really pissed that I bought mine 2 weeks ago, they just lowered the price from 99 to $69. I mounted mine above the triple clamp by raising the forks up a little more than an inch. They seem solid and I wasn't sure how high/low I wanted them, so the adjustability of them was exactly what I wanted.

I have mirrors that look similar to the speed triple mirrors you showed there, I'll let you know how they work at speed when I get everything back together (they're the ones that came with the VS kits)