Where to buy Cat eliminator/mid pipe?

HDS

Reaction score
Visit site
As topic says.
Where can i buy cat eliminator for my S2?
Cheaper is better :)

//Daniel

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cat eliminator pipes look very simple by design, you might be able to go to the hardware store, buy a pipe of the correct diameter and length, then take it to a metal shop and have them bend it. From the looks of the designs there is only 1 bend in that pipe. They can also probably stretch the ends to slide over the other pipe and then just clamp it down.

I have been trying to get Misc bit of the exhaust from all the manufacturers and they are all slow to respond, or refuse to provide parts without the whole kit...

Lewy

Reaction score
Visit site
Gday not to sound stupid but what is a cat eliminator exactly i figer its something to do with getting rid of your catalytic converter and may be make it sound better??? if some one could explain that would be good

Thanks Lewy

kalli

In the middle of the pond
Reaction score
Visit site
Lewy.
Mine is still somewhere on the way to me so I can only comment on what I have heard.
It is supposed to give more torque in midrange because there is quite a resistance in the catalytic converter.
I will let you know my first hand experience when it is installed. This mod is not so much about sound.

Lewy

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for that so are u replacing the pipes in the rear under the seat or are u just changing the cat if u have some picks that would be grate

I have tried finding pics and info on the net but no real luck LOL

Lewy

Trouble

Reaction score
Visit site
I stuck an Arrow cat eliminator in front of my stock pipes last fall. It didn't make much difference in the sound. It seemed to help performance a little, but that could have been all in my mind. I didn't check the fuel economy - I've got to imagine it helped a little bit. I stuck Scorpion pipes and a PCIII in it this spring and those made a world of difference.

kalli

In the middle of the pond
Reaction score
Visit site
I assume that I can later put any cans on the Arrow pipe because it is has the same rear end as the "Yamaha cat mid pipe". Am I correct Trouble?

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
Put on an Arrow cat pipe eliminator from Motorcycle Exhaust and Accessories - Yoshimura Cobra Akrapovic Two brothers Jardine Scorpion Bub Rinehart Vance Hines Harley Exhaust Pipe Systems | Pipe City on my 2007 this weekend. Last year I opened up the insided of the mufler and modified it from a 3 chamber affair to a 2 chamber affair. I did not notice any performance change by going to the cat eliminator. I did however get:

-slightly deeper exhaust note and more overall volume above 7,000 rpm
-much less heat radiating out of the swingarm pivot area which is what I wanted to accomplish anyway. With the stock cat in place, you could probably fry bacon within about an inch and half distance from it. With the replacement pipe, things are much cooler around the area of the pipe. Temperatures at the muffler and on the muffler cover remained about the same, maybe 5-10 degrees cooler (I took measurements with a laser thermomter, but they are written down at home somewhere)

Trouble

Reaction score
Visit site
I assume that I can later put any cans on the Arrow pipe because it is has the same rear end as the "Yamaha cat mid pipe". Am I correct Trouble?

The Scorpions I got slipped right on fine. I've got to imagine any of the other pipes would do the same.

SeaPup

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Trouble,
you posted that you are running the Arrow Cat Eliminator,
Scorpion Slipons and PCIII. What did this do for your performance from Stock and what difference from stock MPG did discover. Thanks