agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,
I was at Yamaha Melbourne yesterday getting the first service done on my XSR900. The service manager told me that they had no problem selling my FZ6 that I traded. I asked if it was still in Melbourne but he said it had gone to Sydney as far as he knew. So if any members happen to spot it cruising around NSW, prompt the rider to join us here.

Attachments

• croppedfz6 140111.jpg
    croppedfz6 140111.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • XSR900.jpg
    XSR900.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 21

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bet you're liking the new XsR! The person who has the wasp should show up any day now if they're not here already. :)

Reactions: agf

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, it sure was a sharp machine, I do have to say tho that the ergs on the XSR as standard are a better fit for me. I also have to admit that the down low responsiveness is really nice. I used to think that the FZ was awesome getting to 75 km over an intersection. Yesterday I did a little quick take off from the lights and let the revs go before shifting to second-93 km/hr..... having traction control is good, I think it would have been nose up without it.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the new owner of the wasp tracked me down through the service book and we had quite a chat via texy and phone over the wekend. I reccomended he join us here and I 'm sure in a while he will. He is well pleased with the bike, saw i on ebay and it looked like what he was after. He is due to get it registered in Sydney in the next few weeks, so I doubt I'll see it in person again.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I often wonder what happened to my favorite cars and motorcycles from my past. I had a 2001 SV650S that I modified significantly that I sold in 2012 or so. It was pristine when I sold it to a gentleman who drove about 100 miles to trailer it home. Then 2 years ago I got an email from someone who said they believed they have a bike that I once owned. They sent me a photo of an entry I had made in my notebook (that went with the bike) and had questions about the suspension. It turns out the new owner was just a few miles from where I lived to I offered to meet them and go over the bike with them. I was sorry that I did. It appeared that the person I sold the bike to had tracked it - and crashed it - a lot. All of the custom body panels were broken. The bike was a wreck. The new owners had visions of rebuilding it, but they weren't successful. I saw the damaged heap on Facebook Marketplace over the summer - and it was still mostly a wrecked bike.

I've sold dozens of bikes and cars over the years - and I've never sold junk. I take good care of my vehicles and sell them in good working order. There are a few a regret selling, and the SV650S was one of them.

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,
I was at Yamaha Melbourne yesterday getting the first service done on my XSR900. The service manager told me that they had no problem selling my FZ6 that I traded. I asked if it was still in Melbourne but he said it had gone to Sydney as far as he knew. So if any members happen to spot it cruising around NSW, prompt the rider to join us here.

Both stunning bikes mate! love the FZ6 in those colours! XSR must be some fun to ride!, love seeing them on the road, very classy,