Wheel too small for R6 Mod? Spacers not fitting? Please help!

Magruder13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I have an 2006 FZ6 and I went ahead and got R6S forks, axle, brakes, and spacers (Made by Dako81). I thought this would be a quick unbolt, swap, and bolt, it turned out to be much more...

The wheel doesn't fit.... with the wheel and axle installed I still have a 5-8mm gap between the spacer and inside edge of the fork. I have the axle pushed in all the way flush on the outer right side (facing the bike) edge of the fork and the axle is completely through and sticking out the other side of the left fork. If I tighten down the axle bolt (the one on the end) all the way it doesn't even come flush with the fork leg, let along close the gap at all. The only explanation is that the axle is too long and I was shipped the wrong one, but I don't know how many other bike models have that similar of an axle...

Pictures proved at the following link: R6 Fork Swap - Album on Imgur

Note: This is most likely no fault at all of Dako81, he's been more than helpful and has offered a refund/to make me a bigger spacer, I just want to see if anyone has ever seen this issue and maybe I did something wrong (however unlikely) and this can be fixed without needed anything else.

Magruder13

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry this is a duplicate thread, see my thread over in MODS. Why did it take hours for my first post to show up? This website is pretty slow...