What's the most fun bike you've ever rode?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I was 10 years old my dad bought me a new ''73 Suzuki TS-50 Gaucho. It was the most fun motorcycle I've ever owned. It opened up my life from about an acre around my house, to hundreds of acres and miles and miles of trails that absolutely changed my life. The attached photo is not my bike, but it looked exactly like this one. I have owned over 30 motorcycles since, but that one - the first one - was the most important and the most fun.

1973-suzuki-ts50-2018-03-16.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My customers Suzuki B-King, no doubt...(with aftermarket pipes). A Hyabusa geared down with upright seating

You COULD NOT nail it in first gear and HOLD onto the handle bars, it pulled that hard...
An absolute beast...

Kinda ugly, but, if you want the pucker factor...

He started having issues with 2 cylinders dropping out at random and they couldn't figure it out.
He offered me the bike F/S after moving on to another bike but even if it didn't have the cut out issue, I didn't want it.

I would either loose my license or my life (as it was sooo fun ((and fast))from light to light!

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I just googled the B king... Gorgeous!! I have never seen one in Europe?!? they must of been an American release bike.. That is one hell of a sexy bike!!, how do you rate the Fizzy on the fun factor?, I'm getting itchy feet, but maybe its me not the bike!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
a bit of a copy/paste from another post i just made.

i have ridden and owned several bikes overall and there have been some fun ones without a doubt. but it fully depends on what you would want from a bike as to what would be ideal.

bikes i have owned honda 919, tiger 955i, her fz6, tiger 1050, 1100 shadow sabre, 1500 goldwing and my current 1800 goldwing.

i loved the 1050 tiger great power from the triple, long suspension that soaked up Michigan roads pretty well handled well, i am a bit larger than my wife, and with her on the fz and me on the tiger we where about dead nuts even from a stop. but i was very happily surprised, after having the 1500 wing she could walk away from me on the fz (pretty sure i had some carb issues also) , but the 1800 wing is right back where the tiger was and if she isnt on her game 100% i will creep away. the cornering was only marginally better on the tiger than the big wing ( surprising us both) and the wing just fits me better and is honestly about the best all arounder that i have found for me yet, although i do lust after an adv style (thinking vstrom) a bit just because i want to try one out, but again the wing has surprised on dirt thus far also.

one that i rode as a loaner while my 1050 tiger was getting some maintenance was a 1050 speed triple, even though it was the same engine i was used to it was an absolute animal to ride. we came down an onramp and i eased it wot and was shocked with i grabbed the next gear that it set the front back down on the shift and was just flat quicker. not sure if the gearing is different, but the weight was not that different but it was quite the ride difference. and i knew then that as fun as it was it was not the bike for me as i would end up doing dumb things with it.

DeepBarney

Reaction score
Visit site
a bit of a copy/paste from another post i just made.

i have ridden and owned several bikes overall and there have been some fun ones without a doubt. but it fully depends on what you would want from a bike as to what would be ideal.

bikes i have owned honda 919, tiger 955i, her fz6, tiger 1050, 1100 shadow sabre, 1500 goldwing and my current 1800 goldwing.

i loved the 1050 tiger great power from the triple, long suspension that soaked up Michigan roads pretty well handled well, i am a bit larger than my wife, and with her on the fz and me on the tiger we where about dead nuts even from a stop. but i was very happily surprised, after having the 1500 wing she could walk away from me on the fz (pretty sure i had some carb issues also) , but the 1800 wing is right back where the tiger was and if she isnt on her game 100% i will creep away. the cornering was only marginally better on the tiger than the big wing ( surprising us both) and the wing just fits me better and is honestly about the best all arounder that i have found for me yet, although i do lust after an adv style (thinking vstrom) a bit just because i want to try one out, but again the wing has surprised on dirt thus far also.

one that i rode as a loaner while my 1050 tiger was getting some maintenance was a 1050 speed triple, even though it was the same engine i was used to it was an absolute animal to ride. we came down an onramp and i eased it wot and was shocked with i grabbed the next gear that it set the front back down on the shift and was just flat quicker. not sure if the gearing is different, but the weight was not that different but it was quite the ride difference. and i knew then that as fun as it was it was not the bike for me as i would end up doing dumb things with it.
I actually just picked up a few weeks ago. Does seem like a fine machine, but a lot different from the FZ6 I've come to love.

Attachments

• IMG_20211119_145809436_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211119_145809436_HDR.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11