What you think? He wants 3500$

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Oops..Had to edit this, sorry!!
Welcome to FZ6-Forum. The following is only my opinion.

Forget all of the scrapes, they are simply indicators of a fall and don't imply a catastrophic event has ruined the bike.
Have you ridden it? If not, do it before making any decision. If you have ridden it:
1- Did it start up, idle and run easily?
2- Was it free of any leaks?
3- When you rode it did it go in a straight line and around corners with a neutral feel?
4- Have the owner remove the RH motor mount screw and look very closely at the frame around the motor mount. Is the frame intact with no hairline cracks?

If YES to every question, buy it, a great deal with low miles. If NO to any question you are taking a risk of damaged goods.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

New painted tank is around 350 in stock colors. Swap over sending and pump.
Barends are cheap.
Side pods are under a hundred if you watch you get one for 35-40$
Make it naked.

seems like a fair price. Maybe down a little if you can.

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to FZ6-Forum. The following is only my opinion.

Forget all of the scrapes, they are simply indicators of a fall and don't imply a catastrophic event has ruined the bike.
Have you ridden it? If not, do it before making any decision. If you have ridden it:
1- Did it start up, idle and run easily?
2- Did it have any leaks?
3- When you rode it did it go in a straight line and around corners with a neutral feel?
4- Have the owner remove the RH motor mount screw and look very closely at the frame around the motor mount. Is the frame intact with no hairline cracks?

If YES to every question, buy it, a great deal with low miles. If NO to any question you are taking a risk of damaged goods.

+1

I would be weary of the engine damage. Be sure to scrutinize and triple check. If just the cover is damaged and the rest looks good around it then you should be in the clear. The rest is just cosmetic and wouldn't worry too much about it. You can't beat the price and mileage and still looks good. Good luck!

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
$3500 for an engine that goes up to 240K/H? Used for only 2500 miles?

Uhhh...is the engine seized or something? What are you waiting for?

Wait... (looking at picture)...(looking for oil stains on the ground)...

Buy it!!

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Did he low side it or something? That crank case cover doesn't look bad at all. I low sided my FZ at the track and think my crank case damage was way worse. I replaced it for under $35 at http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp and did the work myself. Easy... As far as the price goes, I wouldn't pay asking price at all.

IMG_3957.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like a pretty good deal if all the mechanical stuff is in tact, forks straight, rims true, no leaks. obviously low ball him and see what he comes back with.

Reaction score
Visit site
Everything LOOKS fixable. If you're handy with tools, and the engine checks out, and you have the $$$$, I'd try to deal the price, just for the sake of dealing ;-), down a bit and go for it! Welcome aboard, GRUMPY

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
The plastic bits are cheap and easy to replace (I've replaced the fairing and bars, mirrors, indicators and screen twice, (my own fault once and a drunk's the next) The tank can be repaired. As long as she goes OK - it's a done deal.:rockon:

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
$3,500 for a damaged FZ6 that can easily be repaired, where the cost of repairing and the purchase of the bike would be less than buying one that's fine? I'd say that, if the engine is in fine working condition, and the damages that you have pointed out are all that is wrong with it, buy it! Buy it before someone else gets a whiff of a great deal! Of course, if you could get him to come off the price just a bit, that would be sweet, too.

:D

X

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I see FZ6 undented (and dented/scratched) tanks all the time on ebay for less/more than $100. You could just paint spray the engine cover. It's (I think) matt black #2 you can order a match spray at Cyclesurge.com (shipping cheaper than Colorite.com). Maybe you could find a matt black at a hardware store? There's a new FZ6 tank today on ebay for $240 (no current bid) and a few others (used, dinged, etc.) Here's eBay Motors: MINT Yamaha FZ6 Gas Tank - FZ600 2007 FZ 600 06 07 Fuel (item 280256205754 end time Aug-23-08 15:06:59 PDT) (wrong color but maybe call for others?) But, wow, less than 3k miles? You could probably make showroom clean for under $500? Sometimes these cosmetically wrecked bikes/cars come at a great price!

Last edited:

bsk8er48

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I saw it in person. Other then the right side things which I could hardly notice unless I looked close it looked great. Runs fine and has 3000 miles.

He threw in a helmet, gloves and a few battery charging accessories and some different windscreens. Has a fender eliminator which I did not notice before too. Hes a very nice person to and within 5-10 minuets of my house.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to Z Klub! Using "search" on the forum will get you a myraid of threads concerning z bike, repair stuff, and mods, etc.

mdkuni

Reaction score
Visit site
Great deal! Funny thing is I wrote that guy yesterday to try and purchase the bike and just saw your post today! I guess I know why he hasn't responded! Those things can easily be repaired for cheap.

bsk8er48

Reaction score
Visit site
Put 400 or so miles on it thus far. Loving the MPG and the acceleration. My friend has a 04 GSXR 600 and I ride with him allot.

The helmet surprised me as it fits perfect so that saved me some. Threw some sliders on it recently. This winter ill have have the front fairing and tank fixed with my car body correction know-how :rockon:

Whats the resell value on one of these? Its a 06 with 3000~ miles atm and when I'm done their should be no cosmetic issue's left. Would be cool if I could possibly make some money off this purchase. Don't get me wrong I love it and its more then the power I need but if its a decent amount I may sell then go new or try a different bike.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The frame look scratched as well, and the engine mount bolt looks like it took a nice grinding... I suspect that`s why the price is so low. If you`re cool with that, why not.

Last year I bought a used '06 with a light scratch on the from fairing, and 4000miles for $4300, and it came with the R6 forks + scorpion exhaust ... it is now almost 2009, so the deal is OK (again if you don`t mind the frame being scratched), but not amazing imo.

bsk8er48

Reaction score
Visit site
The frame look scratched as well, and the engine mount bolt looks like it took a nice grinding... I suspect that`s why the price is so low. If you`re cool with that, why not.

Last year I bought a used '06 with a light scratch on the from fairing, and 4000miles for $4300, and it came with the R6 forks + scorpion exhaust ... it is now almost 2009, so the deal is OK (again if you don`t mind the frame being scratched), but not amazing imo.

Nothing on the frame is scratched when I look at it. The swing arm is scuffed on the back if that's what you mean. The Engine mount bolt is now replaced with sliders so people should not notice.

You got a nice deal their with the r6 forks and exhaust haha kinda jealous. With the added accessories I got I think I did "ok" but as you say not amazing. I jumped on it cause of the fact with my car body knowledge I can fix most if not all the imperfections with minimal $$.

Thanks for the input!