What would you "upgrade" your FZ6 to?

What bike would you replace your FZ6 with if you had to?

• FZ1

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • FZ8

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • R6

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • R1

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Bandit 600/GSXF-600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha Diversion/XJ6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • A different bike (post below)

Votes: 78 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Goop's (Bryan's) Speed Triple. :BLAA:
I can't believe he didn't offer me to "test ride" it on ACH on the NorCal/SoCal ride last weekend.
Oh wait...that 'cause he's a smart fellow..:D
Jerry's Tiger would be next, once I turn 60 and have to force myself to "slow down" like Jerry..:rof::rof:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I must say that the new 2012 Ducati Monster Evo 1100 is a gorgeous bike....however, if I did pull the trigger on a Duke, it would probably be the Monster 796.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Bmw r1200r

4a491d75-d6e2-885f.jpg

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After reading an article comparison between the FZ1, GSX1250, and the Z1000, I voted for the FZ1, but seriously looking at the Suzuki.

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
Well,
It was fun (and I miss the "fizzer" already) but I moved on to a 2011 Honda NT700V ABS.

So far, other than the "ooomph" in the RPM range, of the FZ6, it's more in line (i.e., "comfortable" for sport touring) stock, than what I ended up with the FZ6 after all the $$ mods/"farkles" (primarily, bar risers, top/sideluggage and racks/mounting hardware, engine cage with highway pegs, admore lighting kit). I feel good about the deal on the (I'm fonda) Honda, but a little nastolgic whenever I (think I) see Mr. "Fizzy" pass by me...feel good about the trade in deal too - got a little over $3K on trade via dealership plus a couple of "free" (installed AC adapter and battery tender harness - did not pay for parts or labor) accessories on the Honda.

The ABS has already gotten me out of 3 (yesterday) close calls with cagers - in 30 MPH sections of road, no less (f'g cagers :spank: :spank: :spank: )!! And I ride like (to think) I'm a "conservative/defensive" rider! Then again, the "squids" (yes, I had an incident with one) on their super loud liter bkies aren't much better :Flip: :Flip: :Flip: - friggin self-centered A-holes...I wish them the WORST of luck.

Something tells me I'll be back in the Yamaha fold in a few years (don't ask :D - it has nothing to do with the NT700's reliability, riding characteristics or appearance).

It's been an interesting, sometimes informative, time on this forum. I'm not leaving, per se (lurking doesn't count, yes? :BLAA:); just probably not contributing anything FZ6 specific :D here.

MAKE your ride safe - ride defensively and safely (and quiet pipes would do wonders for keeping the peace with your fellow neighbors - both on the road and not).

Peace...out.!

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
After a great deal of research I want a Yamaha VMAX because of some twisted idea that it would be really cool to have something with that much power. I do like the 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000. Only wish there were some older models on the market as I really don't want to purchase a bike from a dealer. I was close to purchasing a 2007 BMW ST 1200r Sport but after hearing about cam chain issues that can damage the engine I dropped out.

The reality is that I have a great all around bike (2008 FZ6) that has a warranty with almost 2 years left on it. The bike runs great and does everything one would want other than carry my wife around in comfort. Seem the only bike that provides real passenger comfort is the Goldwing.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess the passenger thing is a matter of getting used to, size and weight, for instance my girlfriend can go as a passenger on the FZ6 all day long without any problem at all, she's 117 pounds and 5'5", also I don't feel my fizzer lacks power when going two up even with luggage, I just rev it more and that's all, the japanese made it for that :D

my sister 187 pounds and is 5'8, she can also go as a passenger on his husband fz6 all day long without any problem at all, and he rides faster than me even with her on the back and luggage, so definitely the fizzer doesn't lack power for them either.

Our bikes are euroepan naked fz6 s2 (2008 models) so the OEM seat is different to the semi faired fz6 sold in the USA

I have ridden a friends fz6 USA version and I hate that seat, but I love the one in my bike :D

Cheers

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess the passenger thing is a matter of getting used to, size and weight, for instance my girlfriend can go as a passenger on the FZ6 all day long without any problem at all, she's 117 pounds and 5'5"...
Lol. Did you just call his girlfriend fat? :D

BRO

Between Birth & Death
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought my FZ 2 weeks ago, love it, love it more than I love a hot flannel or a very long twisty road with no one else on it to ruin the line.

While I plan to keep it and buy others (hopefully it will never be trashed) I would like to get a 749s, GSXR750, Speed Triple, R1, RSV4 or even replace the FZ with an 8, 1 or even another 6.

Hell I would be happy to just have another bike. But I don't think the MRS will feel the same.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
It would be either an R6 or a CRB600RR (2008 or newer). Most of the time the FZ6 has enough go for me. I ride almost every day and like the power, ability to go play in the twisties then throw a bag on the back and go for a longer trip. When I look around there are not really any bikes like it. The CBR600 is light and handles well but would need the bars up a little higher. Just hope don't have to make that decision soon.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Street Triple R will without a doubt be my next bike. I am hoping to find a 2011 or 2010 leftover once my FZ is paid off. I'm not crazy about the 2012 restyled headlights.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Street Triple R will without a doubt be my next bike. I am hoping to find a 2011 or 2010 leftover once my FZ is paid off. I'm not crazy about the 2012 restyled headlights.

Good luck with that. I bought a 2011 standard Street Triple a few months ago when I could not find an "R" within 300 miles or so. Luckily the dealer dropped $600 off the price, he had two in stock. I just installed a Penske 8983 rear shock and that really fixed the standard's weak point. It is the most fun motorcycle I have every ridden.

I also HATE the new lights so wanted to get a 2011.

Tim