What would you "upgrade" your FZ6 to?

What bike would you replace your FZ6 with if you had to?

• FZ1

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • FZ8

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • R6

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • R1

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Bandit 600/GSXF-600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha Diversion/XJ6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • A different bike (post below)

Votes: 78 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Also surprising at how many not staying with Yammies...

i think life is about variety, it's good to go out and try different things even if you come back to where you started

i've been thinking about this more. I think i might try renting a bike next track day, once you factor in servicing your own bike etc it's not that expensive, and cheaper than having a second bike (insurance/tax/servicing).

i really want to see what a newish R6 is like, or a ZX6R

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Reason for lots of people not staying with Yamaha might be, that if you want something very similar to FZ6 (but newer), then FZ8 just ain't special enough like the FZ6 when it arrived.

Sure there is R1 and R6 which is close to king of their segment (and alot more expensive)... but FZ8 just isn't special enough... just my oppinion!

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I like my fz6 though I do see a another bike possible in a year.

Right now, for looks I like the R1. Though for performance I am leaning towards the s 1000rr or the zx-10r.

My current plan is to get one of those bikes and turn my fz6 into my touring bike in a year or so. Right now the FZ6 is still a good enough sport bike for me.

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to have a BMW s1000, but my back probably still couldn't agree with the leant over position for too long. Most likely would be a ducati diavel.

Al Theman

Reaction score
Visit site
2010 to 2012 Triumph Street Triple R. I just wish they were not so pricey new and that there were a few decent used ones around in Seattle.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Since my Fazer is the most perfect bike (for me) that I haver ever found
I would replace with another one, (since there are still some new ones out there). I love my bike!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Since my Fazer is the most perfect bike (for me) that I haver ever found
I would replace with another one, (since there are still some new ones out there). I love my bike!
Lol! Cheater! :p I wanted opinions of what people would change to if they HAD to. Either as an upgrade or replacement!

clarksas

Reaction score
Visit site
Just returned from a 1800 mile trip out West. I now know that is type of riding I want to do. I am looking at a Triumph Tiger 1050. It offers both sport and touring. My FZ6 did tremendously but I feel like I need something bigger for the long days.

ilinimud

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my eye on a KTM RC8. Completely different type of bike, but man its a hotty. The Super Duke is a sweet looking streetfighter too. Im liking the KTM bikes.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I seem to be the odd one out here, but i wouldn't want any of those mentioned.

I've got the idea of a motard, maybe a 450 suz or kawa, just a beast that doesn't mind tar or dirt, take anywhere ride over anything.

The fazer is still the best, but i'd want a more robust bike for daily commuting, and one that can take pavements!!!!!!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I recently took the decision to keep riding my bike, I have over 54000 Km's on it and since this month I only have it insured third party, next week I'll be putting crash bars on it.

Basically it is not worth as much as other similar bikes with the amount of K's and as it has always been kept outside, but I'm still very happy with it. I would never be able to get another bike with ABS for the same price.

Don't get me wrong I would love to try other bikes but this one fits my criteria for insurance, commuting, economy, and still has that extra umph when required :thumbup:

Now if money was not a factor I would say FJR :cheer:

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on the available cashflow, a Versys or a Tiger 800 (not XC).

I had a Ninja 650R, loved the motor but not the suspension. Versys and I would get along fine, I think.

Tiger 800 is just excellent, a buddy has one, and the torque, fit and finish, ergonomics - all top shelf.

bubbacrow76

Reaction score
Visit site
aprilia tuono 1000r:sinister:

bangin v twin, gets alot of the same remarks as the fz6, jack of all trades, etc... just wish it got a little bit better mpg than my dads chevy hhr with all his band equip in it. but that sound, mmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd either go fz1 or maybe a f800gs.

122_0905_02_z+2009_bmw_f800gs+right_side_view.jpg

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
aprilia tuono 1000r:sinister:

bangin v twin, gets alot of the same remarks as the fz6, jack of all trades, etc... just wish it got a little bit better mpg than my dads chevy hhr with all his band equip in it. but that sound, mmmmmmmmmm.
Bit busy-looking to my eyes. I prefer the simplicity of the fz6 frame/engine etc. Too many different bits on the Tuono.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on the available cashflow, a Versys or a Tiger 800 (not XC).

I had a Ninja 650R, loved the motor but not the suspension. Versys and I would get along fine, I think.

Tiger 800 is just excellent, a buddy has one, and the torque, fit and finish, ergonomics - all top shelf.
Isn't the versys a downgrade? It definitely is in terms of engine performance!