What would you "upgrade" your FZ6 to?

What bike would you replace your FZ6 with if you had to?

• FZ1

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • FZ8

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • R6

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • R1

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Bandit 600/GSXF-600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha Diversion/XJ6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • A different bike (post below)

Votes: 78 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I already have it with the XJR :drool:

I voted other but to name them is to hard , the list is looooong but it has a Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce at the top :drool:

moto-morini-corsaro-1.jpg

Im really starting to miss my Fizzer so do yourself a favour & add to the garage & not trade up :D

Last edited:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hate this term 'upgrade' your FZ6. Its more like 'what would you replace it with'.

I still don't want to part with mine, but the Mrs won't let me keep her Strom, my FZ6 & 660 Tenere whilst buying another bike.

I'd be taking a new Super 10. That's the riding I want to do now.

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
Some may consider this a downgrade, but I swapped my 2006 FZ6 for a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST with full set of Givi's, same amount of K's, straight trade, and I'm very happy.

The FZ6 has very little "tourer" in it (for those who actually tour, rather than go on long day rides), but the Sprint has heaps of "sports" in it and now I can load up everything I want and get same performance, mileage etc.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently "upgraded" to a 2011 GSXR 750 and couldn't be happier. It the bike I wanted in the beginning but I didn't want it to be my first bike, and I'm glad it wasn't cause this thing hauls serious ass.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of interesting answers here. I assumed that most people bought the FZ6 for the sport-touring aspect due to it's being a jack of all trades, but lots seem to have seen it as a precursor to a sports-bike, or bought a similar naked bike (the triple) rather than upgrading to a similar/bigger tourer/sports-tourer.

Also surprising at how many not staying with Yammies...

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i'm still trying to figure out what i want next

now i've had a taste of the track i want something more focussed, and a little bit quicker. I think a 750 might be ideal, as I'm not sure if a 1000cc would be too big, that said i don't want to become lazy with my gear changes/throttle

also don't want to spend too much on it

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to upgrade to a adventure bike myself. Something along the lines of a Ducati Multistrata 1200 or a Triumph Tiger 1050.

I really like the FZ. I replace the 07 with an 09 after I totaled it two years ago. I've been a very satisfied customer. Yamaha built a bike just for me.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
My list of possible upgrades are as follows

BMW R1200GS
BMW K1600GT/GTL (depending on how old I am when I save enough !!)
Sprint GT
FJR
VFR 1200
Super Tenere
Triumph XC800
Ducati Multistrada 1200
Honda ST1300

jcfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of interesting answers here. I assumed that most people bought the FZ6 for the sport-touring aspect due to it's being a jack of all trades, but lots seem to have seen it as a precursor to a sports-bike, or bought a similar naked bike (the triple) rather than upgrading to a similar/bigger tourer/sports-tourer.

Also surprising at how many not staying with Yammies...

That's exactly why I bought the FZ6, similar engine to an R6 but better position to learn on than a true "sport" bike. I wanted an R1 from the get go, but I wasn't ready for it as a first bike. After riding the R1 for a while I'm glad I didn't get it first and learned on the "relatively" tame-er FZ6.:thumbup: But I am a Yamaha guy all the way, they just look so much better than anything else out there, in my opinion.